2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My better half and I rented a cabin at Lake Mathis yesterday to do a bit of fishing. We were fishing the same places about a month ago and had a great time, and we caught a bunch of catfish. This time we caught one little one, so at least we were not skunked! Talked to a local there and he said the inflow of water has kicked up a bunch of slit off the bottom. The water was a kinda nasty kinda brown, like I have not ever seen before or at least ever remember ever seeing. We tried shallow, deep and weed lines along the shore, spinner baits and dead shrimp with no luck. Hopefully it will be better soon. Just wanted to post and let others know of our experience this week.

·
Fishing Guide
2,077 Posts
The heavy rains all over Texas caused lots of inflow, it does attract fish to food being washed into the lakes, however, since food is coming from all different directions into the lake, the fish go in all different directions. When the lake level stays normal for a while the fish will stabilize into a pattern and be easier to locate. Incoming water effects where the plankton growth is also, and the food fish are looking for that, and the bigger fish looking for food fish (which are scattered). So, keep fishing, and the water will most likely improve as summer conditions show up in Texas.

Weldon Kirk
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts