2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother, nephew, friends, and I went out chasing some blues on Sat. and caught a good mess of cats. Water was pretty stained from all the rain however we managed to catch a "few". Crazy thing is that we took a friend of ours nephew and he had only been fishing a few times in his life and check out the blue cat he caught on shrimp! The younger kid is my nephew with a nice eatin' cat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Man....I want to hit the water so BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! I'm only 45 minutes from Lake Mathis and can't seem to get my butt out there. Were y'all fishing from a boat, pier, or shore?

Sonny

·
The C-LISTERS are coming
6,721 Posts
Man, The Chief and Robs are going to be mad when they see that big blue since they have been trying to catch him for a while now. Congrats on the catching. very nice haul

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
FREON said:
Man, The Chief and Robs are going to be mad when they see that big blue since they have been trying to catch him for a while now. Congrats on the catching. very nice haul
No way....The bite is on big time, my pier is baited and we are going to try hit em at daylight in the morning if it ain't lighting..The big Sandies are in too!

In 7yrs We have found that its really all about the Barometer...Neighbors have had some 2 igloo full mornings the past couple weeks.

High or Rising= Great
Low or Falling= Snuggle up and sleep in..

There are a few exceptions but NOT many....
Cast net your Shad before Daylight...or under the lights at night

Nice catch and great photos Yella Fevre.
..looks like the State Park cleaning Station.

Attachments

Reactions: txjoker

·
Registered
65 Posts
Catching them in 30 foot. The afternoon bite is better with the live bait and big baits. The bigger fish are hitting in the afternoon. Caught a whole bunch of 12 to 13 inchers (approx 40) but just can't seem to keep them. Too small and let them grow up. Did go towards the river a little ways and caught some nice 15 to 20 inchers (18 of em) in 18 foot of water in the morning. Tried to get out of the wind. Missed a couple of other big ones off the drift. Hunt, let me know when you go, I live in Ben Bolt so it is fairly quick for me. I love to go for the big ones so my catch is not always alot, but several nice good uns. I have baited out a few holes now, but hope they just don't hold the little ones. I am a football coach and am running out of time though. I will then have to be a Weekend Fisher then, and that might only be for a coulpla hours.

Shad are thick but I happened to net some carp and used them live and cut. Took about 3 minutes for the cut to get hit by a pole bender.

Sean - not in the channel but right off the channel before it gets too shallow. I have not tried the shallows (2 to 10 Feet) at all. I do know that 10 to 14 where I fished were not holding anything.

Later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts