2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Livingston this morning and came back with 23 good crappie. Caught as many throw backs. Used minnows and pink jigs. If anyone catches a slab with a pink jig in it's mouth, will you tell me how big it is. The boat fishin next to me said it was big and it looked big. I guess next time I will use a net and not horse them over the side like I do whites. Had a good time and will go back again. When I left the fish were still bitin but I had some business I had to take care of so maybe next time I can stay longer.

Matt

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Ya Matts. Heard that big one got away story a million times. LOL
Glad you got a box full of those "little" ones.
If I catch the slab do you want the jig back or will a certified photo be sufficient? <G>

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sb you can keep the jig. Just tell me how big it was. slabseaker it was kickapoo and I fish Conroe but it is nice to go somewhere else. I live off 105 not far from the dam and have fished livingston more this year than conroe.

Matt

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
Nice going Matt, I hope the bubble doesn't burst soon on these crappie, today we caught bigger ones than usual on the average.

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,896 Posts
WTG Matt. No matter how many fish we've caught, the best anglers always remember the good ones that get away. Those fish haunt us and motivate us to go back and get after a better one.

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
Matt, it looks like the fish are getting bigger every day. I have had a couple of clients try to swing some big crappie over with the same results. I have not tried to use jigs any yet, but it seems the biggest fish are being caught on them. See you out there soon, at this rate nobody will even want to fish the white bass spawn. Well maybe not.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Geez fellows ! How can a 15 inch crappie be demoted to the same class as a 15 inch white bass? A 30 inch striper maybe but not a white bass.
Those speckled fish are in a class of their own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts