2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to lake livingston this weekend and looking to fish a little. what would be the best way to catch some catfish. I have made some pvc w/the noodle jug lines. What depth, etc. I'm assuming shad would be the bait of choice. Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
Try fishing those flags 2 ways, either a 3' line and hook, split shot or no sinker at all, fresh shad for bait. You can also do well fishing them anchored with a 1lb weight 3 to 5 drop hooks baited with fresh shad. Fish over by the South West corner in the 2nd cove(the first is Browders Marina) from the dam. Up close to the houses on the point that juts out from the 2nd cove is a 16' to 20' flat that is great for juglines. The early morning is best untill about 10:am most days. The juglines are weird in that I usually put out 10 to 12 half floaters half sinkers (no MXC pun intended) and some days the floaters will out fish the anchored ones 2 to 1, and then other days it's the other way around and some days both will catch equal, so I put out half and half unless the wind is putting rooster tails on them as they whip across the lake, then I don't float any.
White bass also school over in that area so trolling or casting to schools you see come up as you jugline makes for a fun morning. Some times between the whites and blues you can catch more fish than you want to clean by 9:00am. Good luck.
If you need gps coordinates email me.
SS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts