2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Limestone this weekend. I've never fished there before. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
My Wife and I fished Limestone for the 1st time Saturday, October 4th. Could not find a map of this lake anywhere so we went less prepared than we should have been. The water stayed around 77 degrees. Went to a cove on the east side and after about an hour, my Wife caught a 2.5# on a crawdad color shallow running crank bait about 20 feet off the shore in standing timber. I finally found some vegetation and caught a dink on a Rage Tail Toad. Those two fish would be the last sniff we would get all day. We tried more timber, some deep structure, a few boat docks, and any rip rap we could find. Nada.

I do not know if the lake was down but all of the coves we tried were just too shallow. I was very disappointed that you can't fish the dam although it looked to be all concrete or even dirt and not rock. The wind was stronger than I hoped for but it did provide a nice breeze to battle that hot sun.

I do not by any means profess to be a a great bass fisherman. I will have to blame our inability to catch on my lake of experience and preperation. I can definitely see the potential in this lake and we will be back some day soon.

Be safe,
Rayzor

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't have much success either. I was only able to catch one bass maybe 2 lbs and a crappie. I worked the coves as well and was never really able to find deep enough or cool enough water. It was a tough day on the water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts