2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Always Chasing Tails
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone is letting me use there lake house on Lake Conroe this weekend. I have never been there. I will be staying by the Wal Mart in Montgomry. I will be bringing my boat and I was hoping someone could help me out with where I could fins some catfish. Any info. is greatly appreciated.

·
"Converting Bait to Filets Since 1964"
721 Posts
Try the 1097 bridge. 18-24' of water on the east side of the river channel. Get there really early and take some range cubes to chum.

·
Typical Texan
8,416 Posts
Closer to where you will be staying there is a wooden bulkhead on the southshore of the cove that has inland marine at the end of it. There is deep channel that runs along that wall out about 25 yards or so. Trickle some range cubes along that bulkhead and by the time you get back to where you started trickling, you should be catching fish.

Fish a shad under a cork up next to the bulkhead and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Catfish

Hey 1097 Is a great spot to catfish on Conroe 20-30 ft basically. Range cubes and milo/corn will get them going. North of the bridge there is an old railroad track that runs under the lake. There is a clearing on the shore north of 1097 that the track used to run on. If you fish the stumps around the shore and that railroad track you will get some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts