2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this forum is generally for saltwater fishing, however, it also gets the most activity and I need help? Does anyone know if there is a marina for launching at the FM1097 Bridge? I would sure appreciate any help.

Thanks.........KC

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Ez boat storage is right at 1097 & the bridge but you have to keep your boat there to use the launch.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Bridgecove marina

I believe Bridgecove Marina is closed down now. The first little bridge before the big 1097 bridge from 45 is a shell gas station that has a ramp. $5 to launch there. Has a bunch of docks.

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,236 Posts
There used to be a marina on the west side of the bridge that I have used in the past, but haven't been there in a while. I always launch at Anchorage Marina off of FM 830. Costs $5, but I don't worry about my vehicle getting broken into. There is a public ramp at the end of FM 830.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses

I thought I used to launch at 1097 years ago, but after looking at links to find the marina, and not seeing one.......well I just figured my memory wasn't working right.

But if Kurt68 is right, it isn't there anymore. And thank you for the info. on the other marina off of 1097. I'm trying to launch as close as possible to the big bridge as I can, cuz that's where I'm wanting to fish tonight! That way when I decide I've had enough......I don't have to wonder around very far in the dark trying to find where I launched...lol

Miss Dixie, I knew there was the public launch at the end of FM830, but like you mentioned....you don't want to have to worry about your vehicle getting broken into so much if your in a marina, as opposed to the end of a DARK road. Like our fellow TTMB'r experieced this week. Being that I'm not that familiar with Lake Conroe, I don't want to be wondering around in the dark any more than is necessary.

I appreciate all ya'lls help. Take it easy.............KC

·
Registered
453 Posts
Take Miss Dixies advise and launch at Anchorage. The lighthouse may be lit up when you get ready to come in. Not sure what criteria they use to determine whether the lighthouse is on/off...anybody know?

Here lately I have been launching from Scott's Ridge on the west side over the bridge. I have been fishing the mouth of Caney Creek and you can't get any closer than that.

Good luck!

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Medulla,

Where's Scotts Ridge? I don't have my map of Conroe with me right now, it's at home. I'm just trying to get my game plan together.

Thanks...KC

·
Registered
453 Posts
Going west over the 1097 bridge and its a couple three miles up the road on the right. You will see a "SCOTTS RIDGE RECREATIONAL AREA" sign also you will see a "PUBLIC BOAT RAMP" sign.

Go to the end of the road and you will run into the ramp.

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
Scott's Ridge, Anchorage and the Public ramp at the end of FM830 are about as close to 1097 as your gonna get. However, I've heard at Scott's and FM830 there have been incidents of theft. I've never been to the FM830 ramp, but have fished out of Scott's once with Medulla and several times out of Anchorage with no problems.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fm 830

I launch every week off the end of FM 830. You got to be careful of all the yahoo's who swim there but its free. I've been launching there for 20 years. One thing, when you pull your boat out, please pull up to the road so the rest of us can back in. It gets a little crowded on the weekends. If you got $5 then put in at Anchrage Marina. You have more access to the lake launching from 830. The 1097 bridge is a 5 min ride. The Marina on the west side of 1097 closed a couple of years ago to make way for develpoment. Just what we need, more houses and bulkheads on Conroe. In the old days, there used to be alot of visible cover to fish just off the launch. That has given way to boaters but if you have a depth finder, there is still a lot of good fishing within 500 yards of the ramp. HAVE FUN and look for the guy in the 17ft Whaler (thats me).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts