2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fish under the 1097 bridge 07-09 about 2:30 pm for about 3 hrs. and caught 8 nice channels all about 3 lbs. Some of the larger cats that I have caught at one time. We were using liver and hearts. 20+ feet of water.

Yakfishin

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm surprised this lake can harbor a healthy catfish population...One guide service after another, as shown from just about any freshwater fishing board to any given in-state recreational blog, shows these 2-10 lb catfish -- all taken out of Conroe! ...... Man, maybe I am naive but is this another sign that God is a fisherman and has blessed us, or what?!?!

·
Typical Texan
8,413 Posts
bayourat said:
Long or short??????????????? only one 1097:help:
Actaully there are 3.

The one that crosses the main lake, the one that crosses Lewis Creek Cove closer to Willis and the one that crosses Little Lake Creek closer to Montgomery.

However, most folks only refer to the main lake bridge when speaking of 1097. It was a valid question from someone wanting to learn.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Bozo said:
Actaully there are 3.

The one that crosses the main lake, the one that crosses Lewis Creek Cove closer to Willis and the one that crosses Little Lake Creek closer to Montgomery.

However, most folks only refer to the main lake bridge when speaking of 1097. It was a valid question from someone wanting to learn.
what he said:help::help:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Forgive me ignorance guys, but you just tie up to the bridge and drop down in 20 ft of water? I ask, because the wife and I are headed out in the morning to give it a go. I have not had much luck on Conroe with the kitties. I will give the liver and hearts a go....I have been using shrimp and charlie.
Thanks a bunch.
Thomas

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kitties

Not ignorance,

I have found that if you have a depht finder, you can cruise slowly down the bridge and find where the water drops off from 19' to about 24' try fishing right where it drops off. Go to any feed store and buy some range cubes about $5 for fifty pound bag. Throw out a couple of hand fulls and in about ten minutes the kitties will show up. Fish about two cranks from the bottom. Hope that helps!

Yakfishin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks to those that provided me some fishing help. My wife and I were able to catch quite a few cats this morning (her more than me I am afraid). I am just passing along the tips handed to me by some much better fishermen(women!).

We did well on both ends of the 1097 bridge in 23 ft of water. I chummed a little soured corn and range cubes. We used chicken liver about 2 turns off the bottom. From about 8:30 until 1:30 when we left we were steadily getting bites. I think I will head back out tomorrow too.
Best of luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts