2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooked up with Medulla about 7:00pm Saturday evening for a full night of jugging on Lake Conroe. Spent the first hour or so cast netting bait, then started setting the jugs. Things were a little slow at first, but, we eventually found them. Caught and released a 17#Blue and 30# Blue. But, had one 15# Blue that died on us. We drug her about 3/4 mile to some shallow water and got out and tried to revive her, to no avail. Probably spent a good 30 minutes working with her, just couldn't get her back. (Sidenote: My thumb looks like hamburger from dragging her that far with it in her mouth). Oh well, I guess you can't win them all. We certainly tried. Took a nap in the truck from 3 am to 6 am then when back out and rounded up the jugs. Finished up about 7:30 am Sunday morning. Ended keeping 43 cats (mixture of channels and blues), not including the fish we CPR'd.

:D :D :D

Me and 30# Blue

Medulla and 30# Blue

Releasing 30# Blue

15# Blue (The fish that died)

17# Blue

My son Dylan and "The Haul"

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Medulla/Txpalerider-
Thanks for the report...good deal on the attempt to revive that fish.Alot of guys wouldn't have gone to the trouble...chit happens sometimes.

·
Dawn Patrol
177 Posts
I want to go!!

Congrats on some beautiful Blues guys. They will make some fine eating. Sorry to hear about losing the big girl. Hey Joe, I lost my cell phone so pm me your #. I caught over 70 Hybrids last week and would love to trade a night of jugging for a night of fighting. Also I heard you are looking for some Flatheads. I think I have just the spot to try. Let's hook up soon finally and do this. The time for talk is over. It's time for action!! Nice fish guys........Evan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts