2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience on this lake? I'm usually a coastal fisherman but we are headed down there to rent a houseboat and do some fishing/diving. Anybody know of any good dive spots? Fishing spots? How high up is the lake with all this rain?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was down there a few weeks back, and we were slaying the bass. We were catching them on any soft plastics that were water melon red. We also had some luck on deep diving crankbaits. At that time the fish were in 20-25 feet of water off of main lake points.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Topwater

I was there couple weeks ago with my friend and his grandson and we slayed them on plastics in 20 ft of water, along with a 8+ on a spinnerbait and topwater (frogs) and swimbaits. You just have to find the right area on the lake and they will be stacked. Good luck Debra

http://www.debrahengst.com

·
Registered
141 Posts
Might want to wait..

Mr.Croaker said:
Anybody have any experience on this lake? I'm usually a coastal fisherman but we are headed down there to rent a houseboat and do some fishing/diving. Anybody know of any good dive spots? Fishing spots? How high up is the lake with all this rain?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Amistad is an awesome fishing lake but we've been flooded down here for a couple of weeks now and everything looks like Choclate Milk. Catfishing is probably good though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Questions about Lake Amistad...

If you have any questions please call my son Capt Ray Hanselman Jr, has been fishing on Lake Amistad when he was six years old now 35. Look him up on google and read all about his fishing experience. Here is some photos. He also know Choke, Falcon, real well also guides on those lakes too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts