2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little honesty goes a long way with me!
I discovered a crack on each side of my motor on the transom of my '96 20' Gulf Coast. I live in the Victoria area and didn't want to take it all the way to Pasadena to get it fixed so I got some local estimates. They were not good. Turns out that the damage was much worse than I had thought and it was suggested that I take it to the factory. The hull and transom have a 10 yr pro-rated warranty and I was into the eighth year which meant that I would be paying about 80% of about a $2000 repair. To my total surprise, Gulf Coast called me and said there would be no charge because the transom was one of 24 installed that had failed and all were from the same manufacturer. That manufacturer had gone belly-up and Gulf Coast would have to pay for the repairs. There is know way that I could have known this and Gulf Coast could have really stuck it to me. They didn't! It's nice to know there is still a little honesty and integrity out there!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Totaly cool bro, I love it when things go in your favor...............................later<dave

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RW, Yes, There were about 24-28 of these bad transom's installed in GC boats in the late 90's and all of them failed. The people at Gulf Coast thought that they had gotten them all back and repaired.....until I showed with mine! Sure glad I made the trip to Pasadena!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts