2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
Please indulge me and this Spam, but I wanted to tell everyone that Kistler Rods is a new Banner Sponsor here at 2cool and I am and have been proud to be a Kistler Fishing Team member.
I've been fishing a medium-light Hellium LTA for several years and I love it, but felt I needed a new stick for throwing big lures like Super Spooks and HeDogs (Fishfinder can tell you about that) so I made the trip today back to Magnolia. Man, that's a long drive.
Visited with Trey Kistler a while, he's a super young man, and checked out the newly expanded rod shop, a very impresive opperation. I also learned that Kistler Rods are the talk of the B.A.S.S. circuit and used by a lot of guys in the money.
I just got home with my new 6'6" medium Hellium LTA. It's a little heavier (3.4 oz.s) than my older one (3 oz.s) as it's a little more rod. These babys are light but extremely strong and hold up to almost daily fishing well. I'm putting the new stick through it's paces tomorrow and I'll let you know the results.
Check out the website and see for yourself www.kistlerrods.com
Thanks again for the time. :texasflag

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
I Kistler's help by becoming a banner sponsor, and took the liberty to change the thread icon to a thumbs up. Y'all check out Kistler's offerings, they build some excellent stuff.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mont,
It's definitely better.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
I have the Kistler Mark Tyler Special Medium action 6'6" rod. cool rod for spinner baits and worms.....................JJ

·
Big Overgrown Galoot
1,061 Posts
Look for Trey at the local Boating, Fishing and Sportsmans shows.....he usually has a booth and will cut some very good deals.....2-fers. Got a Light and Medium Light Salt water popping rods.........held the Helium........sweeeeet!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Don't have a helium but love my other three kistlers. Great rods especialy thier lower level ones.

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Yeah Kenny I checked out the Kistler site after you let me in on it from ***. I'm getting one also. Called them yesterday. they have a medium action in 7 ft. Helium that i'm getting. Fine looking equipment. Thanks for the tip yesterday!!

Bigwater

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bigs,
My Medium light is the bomb for most applications including most topwaters. BUT I'm not getting any younger and trying to work a Super Spook all day was kicking my *ss
My new 6'6" medium Hellium LTA should do the trick.
Let me know how you like yours or if you need anything. Also, when are you going to be up for a Baffin trip?

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Kenny,

We're on 4- 10's right now until August 1. I'm game. This weekend is already planned but you look for a good time and I'm in. We don't have to wait for the gathering. I also just stocked back up on vacation and sick leave so I'm loaded for bear.

Bigwater

·
Registered
663 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts