2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a generator. I like the Hondas but they are expensive. I was looking at Kipor KGE3500Ti for about 1200.00. Anyone have any experience with these...good or bad?? Thanks for your input.

Steve

·
The Ole Reprobate
796 Posts
CaptSteve , I thought about getting one instead of a Honda myself untill I heard there would be a shortage of parts. The man that I was going to by it from said the factory said if you have a problem with one "throw it in the trash and give the customer a new one. That tells me that there isn't too much reliablity and the units are extremly cheap. Since the wholesaler or factory rep. doesn't want the bad unit back. I believe they are made in China. Needless to say I own a Honda now

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have had one for about 2yrs. I have not had any problems with mine.

They are quite and good on gas. I run mine for my a/c on my travel trailer and use it when fishing.

The dealer from which i bought mine from told me if it ever breaks down bring it back and they would give me another one. Just as Cap-n-red stated.

Hope it helps, Al.

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
Got several Honda's, that we use on a comercial basis. They will start on the first pull no matter how long they sit, and will out run any other brand. If your going to spend the $$ to buy a generator get what you think will be the best cause when you need it, will it work?

·
Who Farted?
1,857 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the Kipor gens, Ebay pretty much as the best prices on them the last time i looked. I really dont see any reason to spend more $$ on the Honda name when you can get the same performance and reliability out of a Kipor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts