1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
802 Posts
check out the power pro models that pep boys offer. they are fairly quiet and affordable, 320 for the 3500 model. i use mine for my side job and night fishing and have no regrets. ive been told the chinese bought some of the patents for hondas and are basicly a honda with a power pro badge.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
"ive been told the chinese bought some of the patents for hondas and are basicly a honda with a power pro badge."

Actually the motors for Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki are made in China for the Japanese. They just take the engine and sell them under many different names. You can get a 4wheeler with a a Yamaha or Honda 250cc engine(same cc's as the 300's that go for $5000, Ranchers, Foremans , I believe are the names that were the back bone of thier lines for years before the ridiculous 500-800cc wars started) for less than $2500. From Chinese and Taiwanese plants, the cosmetics and the little fancy things aren't as nice, but the engine is the same. Same thing goes for the generators, same plants make the engines for the big names make the same engines for no-names at a fraction of the cost. I have a buddy that is one of the largest dealers of these products on the gulf coast. PM me if you are interested, I'll help you out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Of all the generators we got post Katrina (five or six total) the Genrac's were the best bang for the buck.

Home Depot used to carry them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looking for @3500kw to run lights, fans, or a/c. I'm building a small floating cabin and the generator will be out on the deck so it must be as compact and quiet as possible.

thanks
Steve

·
Keep on Keeping on....
1,824 Posts
We have a small Kipor and I went over it with a fine toothed comb, all that is different is the ability to link between it and honda, they are identical barring very few things. Same quiet operation, same reliability and easy gas sipping and they even have the smart idle or whatever it is called. No problems thus far. Run both it and the honda at the cabin, side by side, one runs the big light, the other runs inside lights and 1 major appliance, an ac or freezer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts