2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know the receipe? I know that it has ground up captain wafer crackers in it also mayo...

·
Retired
1,590 Posts
Here's what came up from a search.

This is the FAMOUS KING"S INN RECIPE!!! It's pretty secretive down here so take advantage. It's some good stuff!!!!

1 qt. Miracle Whip
20 serrano peppers (seeded)
1/2 bell pepper
3 ribs of celery
1 medium onion
1 small jar pimento
3 hard boiled eggs
1 1/2 tubes saltine crackers or 1 tube Ritz Crackers, crushed
Chop serrano peppers, celery, bell pepper, onion, pimento and eggs in blender or food processor. Add to Miracle Whip with crushed crackers. Mix thoroughly.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I've been told that their key is using Ritz Crackers instead of saltines. Ritz are buttery and smooth when crushed...... Worth a try!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have a revised recipe that is easy to make and makes a small amount.

8 oz. jar Miracle Whip
1/2 onion chopped fine
1/2 bell pepper chopped fine
1/2 jalapeno chopped fine (seeds removed)
1/2 tube of ground Ritz Crackers.

I put the Ritz Crackers in a bag and grind them using a rolling pin. Mix it all together, add salt and pepper to taste. Try it.

I also have the original recipe, but it makes a lot and is labor intensive.

Professor Jones

·
Registered
568 Posts
I made a batch of it. Was pretty good. But after about a weak in the refrigerator, it seperated (the liquid came to the top). I though it spoiled, so i threw it out. What happened to it? or is it going to seperate?

·
Retired
1,590 Posts
That does sound like a couple too many doesn't it. That's the recipe I found doing a search here on 2Cool.

·
slap ya mama
1,919 Posts
Since spring is on us???? heres a recipe for Kings Inn Tarter Sauce,,,,go with fresh caught fried fish and shrimps.....cant wait...this is suppose to be a secret recipe also...

·
slap ya mama
1,919 Posts
With the ritz crackers

Re: Kings Inn @ Rivera, TX tartar sauce
January 12, 2009 02:27PM
I have been going to Kings Inn for about 35 years and the tartar sauce is excellant. We even eat it with crackers.

King's Inn Tartar Sauce
2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 large yellow onion, finely chopped
28 Ritz crackers (crushed)
5-10 saltine crackers (crushed)
3/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1-3 jalapenos , to taste (seeded and finely chopped)
1/2 cup pimento stuffed olives, (chopped)
In a food processor, chop all of the ingredients separately and then combine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
waterwolf, that recipe is spot on except for one ingredient, it needs 1/4 tsp of curry powder then refrigerate for at least six hours. the taste will change.
this stuff is awesome on top of fresh sliced tomatoes also. this isn't your traditional mayo/pickle tarter sauce. but it will become.

·
Right-Wing Conspirator
1,735 Posts
My brother recently turned me on to Duke's Mayonnaise. It has been around for a while in other regions of the country, but they just started selling it at HEB. We have made tartar sauce with it twice now and both times it was awesome. In my opinion it is far superior to any other mayonnaise or salad dressing I have tried for tartar sauce recipes. I think I am going to try this King's Inn recipe with some Duke's. I will report back on my findings.

Later

Tate

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
waterwolf, that recipe is spot on except for one ingredient, it needs 1/4 tsp of curry powder then refrigerate for at least six hours. the taste will change.
this stuff is awesome on top of fresh sliced tomatoes also. this isn't your traditional mayo/pickle tarter sauce. but it will become.
You beat me to it on the curry.

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts
Question...how long will this last in the fridge if you make a big batch up. Say triple the recipe ?

·
slap ya mama
1,919 Posts
Blue Cat

Fried up some fresh blues today and slapped on some tarter sauce,,,,,I made it with curry and hellmans mayo and pickled jalapeno's minced up....been eating it on ritz crackers for a snack...mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Question...how long will this last in the fridge if you make a big batch up. Say triple the recipe ?
I figure about a week. Although it is so good, it usually never stays around that long. That recipe makes quite a bit. If you triple it, you'll have deafood sauce for your whole block!

·
slap ya mama
1,919 Posts
pic with sauce..

I dont see any reason why it wouldn't keep for aleast for 7 days.... it's made with fresh ingredients,spices,crackers...I know mayo dont good bad for months,if kept in the frig,,,,i promise it want last more than 7 days so dont worry to much...this stuff is great

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts