2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a two part report on my last two trips out on the Capt. John. I went out on Monday, August 2nd and man, did we mop up the kingfish. The boat landed 55 kings on this day with mine being the heaviest. I caught a 40lb king which is my personal best. My two sons also got a limit of kingfish on this trip. My kings were taken on freelined sardines that were taken on a large spinning reel.

Here are a few picks of the big king.

Some friends of mine from Nacogdoches, TX went on this trip. Here is a picture of Jennifer who caught a nice snapper. This was her first snapper and she was quite proud.

Here is a picture of my cousin, also from Nacogdoches, TX., with his first kingfish. I think he is now hooked on bluewater fishing.

Finally, here is a picture of the "hang" as we pulled into Pier 19. It was quite a site to see those 55 kingfish hanging from the deck.

Thanks for letting me share a little bit of our trip with you.

Lumberjack93

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have 2 giant fish boxes in the back and there are fish boxes under all of the outside seats. The fish are tagged and iced down soon after they are caught and then pulled out and hung right before we get back into the port.

Lumberjack93

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sorry I couldn't go on that trip, I'm in the middle of working 18 days straight but I'll be free after that. Excellent report

·
Malt Beverage Diety
1,385 Posts
Kingfish rodeo

Mike, that was a fun trip, thanks for posting the picture of Jenni, she really was proud. Let's do it again soon.

AXE 'EM

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brewgod said:
Mike, that was a fun trip, thanks for posting the picture of Jenni, she really was proud. Let's do it again soon.

AXE 'EM
Mark, I had a ball and can't wait to go back. Be sure and show Frank this thread. It's too bad that he couldn't come with us.

Later

Lumberjack93

1 - 6 of 6 Posts