2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Equine connoisseur
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know any other info about this, I got in an email this morning. Heckuva deer.

This deer came off the King Ranch. Awesome Deer...is one of the biggest we have ever seen.
inside spread: 34 inches
beams: 32 inches each
G1: 10 inches ea
G2: 14 in. ea
G3: 15 in. ea
G4: 11 in. ea
mass: 45 inches
drop tine: 7 inches
We have him grossing around 243 and netting 224 typical. The deer field dressed 228lbs!!!!! One of the biggest we have ever seen.
Justin Field
King Ranch Wildlife
Biologist

Attachments

·
Equine connoisseur
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, first time I've seen it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I say it is a very nice buck but the numbers posted are way off. If that deer is 228lbs the how big is that dog? The spread, no way is it 34 inches. I would like to know the real story.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm with you John, I saw that Pic last year. Regaurdless thats 1 hell of a deer. Thanks for putting me back into reality and how little my deer I shoot are. CMH

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
man, it's still going around.. Pablo, that is my deer, I shot it in the parking lot of the Cadillac bar nuevo laredo 5 years ago. That was a picture of it the next morning at the ranch by the skinning station.

·
Equine connoisseur
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know for a fact that's not the only thing you "shot" down there

·
Team Naughty Cool Fishing
846 Posts
I have some pics of that deer from a while ago. I was told it was shot in mexico. ill have to see if there is a date on the pic or the email i got.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
nope

man, it's still going around.. Pablo, that is my deer, I shot it in the parking lot of the Cadillac bar nuevo laredo 5 years ago. That was a picture of it the next morning at the ranch by the skinning station.
=====================================================

Are you sure it was not Wal-Mart?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I've hunted with Justin and I heard he got in a bind over that pic, I will also add he is the best guide I have hunted with on the Norias division.

·
15,099 Posts
That deer came out of mexico a few years back....
In a full view shot you can see the mountains in the background..
Still a monster though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts