2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the guys from San Antonio were getting together this past weekend for some Father's Day R&R and I had already resolved that I wasn't going to make it. Or so I thought...

I spent the later part of Friday moving a "Free to anyone who pics it up" dog house and it proved to be quite a chore. Long story short 4-people, 1-borrowed flat bed and free BBQ and the dog house was moved.

With that major event behind me I decided to play the Father's "Weekend" card and talked the family into going south to spend some time with some of the guys getting together down in Aransas Pass. We pulled in around 1:15 a.m. and finally got to sleep around 2:00 a.m. We were up by 5:00 and at the boat ramp around 6:00. This day was especially sweet because I got to ride in Speckboy's new midlife crisis expense; a very fast 22' Majek Extreme. We pulled out of the harbor and he advised us to put away anything that we didn't want to lose during our journey. Set and ready he hit the hammer and just like that we were pulling G's. It was the best teary eyed, cheek flapping experierence that I won't forget any time soon.

We came out of warp speed and were in our fishing spot only twenty minutes later. Our first/last wade proved very productive right from the start. We had a fantastic topwater bite that was non-stop for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours. My first fish out of the boat was a 23-1/2" trout pictured below and it was one hookup after another. Wes(Speckboy) was putting on a clinic and must have hooked up on 10-15 consecutive casts.

We half heartedly drifted one more area and decided to head back to the dock with another day's memory in our banks. Thanks Wes for the awsome ride and the even better fishing. Thanks also to Karen and Aubrey for having a last minute place for us to sleep. Definitely more comfortable than my truck. LOL...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
OMG dude what the he!! kinda dog do you have LOL...........................later,Dave

·
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That dog house was built like a Tough Shed...

The guy who was giving it away bought the house with that thing built in the back yard. He didin't have any dogs so he put in the paper as a "Free X-tra Large dog house". He said eveyone who looked at it was intimidated on how they were going to move it. It took me two weeks to coordinate the people needed to get the job done. It's amazing what free food can get you these days.

That's all friends and family are. They are the "Will work for food" people without the signs. LOL...

That dog house is built with 2x4's, insulated walls and ceiling, and had light wired on the inside with extra plugs for fans etc... My labs love it so far.

Here's a closer pic.

Attachments

·
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe it or not...

That stupid dog house even had carpeted bunks on either side. I figure if the dogs didn't use it that I would put it on stilts and make it a playhouse for the kids. LOL...

Pablo, This thing is 6'x6' by 6' tall. A little mescan' of my stature would have no problem making this my alternate home. :D

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Wow James, now that is a doghouse!

Man your pooch is gonna be spoiled. All it needs is a window unit and you'd be set. Thats one of them high folutin' dog houses. Kinda like mine! LOL

Zac

Attachments

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Fresh, Let me give you and your buddies a word of advice on that airstream on the barge. That rig is in the channel that goes to my secret spots near the Island Moorings subdivision in Port A. The old farts that run that thing are total *********. You better not let your boat put out a 2" wake or they shoot the fingers and begin to cuss. I was following a 31' Wellcraft center console by that barge the other day and got into a heated shouting match with those guys. The 31 was throwing a minimal wake for a 31' boat. I increased my throttle and passed him on the right side (opposite of the workers) so they would not be bothered by my pass. They proceed to shoot us and the 31 the rod and raising their hands in the air like we ran something over. Keep in mind, I make this run EVERY time I fish, and being the safe boater I am go super slow by those guys ALL of the time. They need to realize they are working for the property owners of Island Moorings. If any one needs to be cussing it should of been us and the 31 for them being so grouchy. So from now on, they get full throttle with no slow down. If any one knows that company's name let me know, I would love to call their supervisor. ERRRR I hate stress on the water.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts