2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how far some of yall go back, but pretty much since 1981, I have getting up really early for work and have allways been a fan of the show.

Pappy, Jr., Boz, Thom, Wayne, Bennie, when he shows up :D....

Thanks for many years of enjoyment!

Keep the tradition alive!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yea, It's been a long time (1988) when i started my early morning job myself... Cappy needs to play that old song Bob and Jr. used to play every morning...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Kilt 610 Outdoor show

Gary said:
I dont know how far some of yall go back, but pretty much since 1981, I have getting up really early for work and have allways been a fan of the show.

Pappy, Jr., Boz, Thom, Wayne, Bennie, when he shows up :D....

Thanks for many years of enjoyment!

Keep the tradition alive!
Thanks for the kind words Gary....I really enjoy what I'm doing and at the same time, trying to keep a promise I made to Pappy and Bobby.....I can't play the old theme song every day but I'll try to work it in a little more..........Capt. Wayne

·
See ya on the flats!
1,838 Posts
Great show Cappy. I work the night shift and listen to it every Thurs/Fri night. It sure helps us get through those last 2 hours of the shift! Usually listen to it on the way hunting/fishing on Sat/Sun mornings. I've listened to it along time...not as long as Gary, but still quiet a few years. Thanks for keeping it going. Guarantee...Pappy and Bobby are proud of how you've kept the show going! Thanks again.

Late,
Cox

·
Registered
210 Posts
which one? I'm a goin fishin, betch yer goin fishin too... Or nag,nag,nag that's all you ever do....I loved hearing from no wind donna as well. Does she still report? What ever happened to Jack Booth? Gosh, I'm much to young to feel this dang old. At only 31, my dad started me on it young. Bob sr. and jr. deserve a lot of respect.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Don't forget the deer camp song!!!!! Darn funny! The show been a favorite of mine for quite awhile. The funniest time I can remember is one morning Bob Jr. called Delores and she kept dozing off and snoring........LOUD!!! She wouldn't admit to it but I heard it.......lmao!! Great stuff and lots of memories. Thanks Capt. Wayne for carrying it on

p.s. Po' ole Benny needs a rabbit foot!
Archie

·
Registered
117 Posts
outdoor show

mcw said:
which one? I'm a goin fishin, betch yer goin fishin too... Or nag,nag,nag that's all you ever do....I loved hearing from no wind donna as well. Does she still report? What ever happened to Jack Booth? Gosh, I'm much to young to feel this dang old. At only 31, my dad started me on it young. Bob sr. and jr. deserve a lot of respect.
I have'nt heard from Donna in quite awhile...Jack is still on Bastrop Bayou....He lost his lovely Louise a while back and it was a tremendous loss to all of us........Capt. Wayne

·
Registered
724 Posts
Kudos for Cappy on keeping the show alive!
I have been a long time listener for years.
Pappy and Jr were the best outdoor story tellers ever!
Speaking of the show music,....does anyone know the name of that song, with the lyrics of, " I'm going fishing, and I ain't saying where,....you won't find me down there."??

·
Registered
117 Posts
song

Reality Czech said:
Kudos for Cappy on keeping the show alive!
I have been a long time listener for years.
Pappy and Jr were the best outdoor story tellers ever!
Speaking of the show music,....does anyone know the name of that song, with the lyrics of, " I'm going fishing, and I ain't saying where,....you won't find me down there."??
It's "Go down there" by Lisa McDowell Hughes....Bass Pro Shops used to carry a lot of her songs that Pappy and Bobby played, but I'm not sure....As for the deer camp song, we will be playing it as deer season approaches...As for fish, fish, fish, I'll try to play it more often....They are on a cd by the Yoopers.....I found mine on ebay.....Capt. Wayne

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Cappy, thanks for the air time you gave me while the girls were on the show, I enjoyed it and you did a great job keeping them wild crazy gals inline....lmao... or did they keep YOU inline... :biggrin:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Me too!!!

I was lucky, both Bobby and Pappy would come around my Grandpas and Dads boat store on Long Drive. My dad would fly Bobby and me out to BBend for a lil deer huntin so they said. I think they just really enjoyed the campfires and getting away from an everchanging Htown. Bobby took me goose hunting several times when LGore was getting started, I still remember those fun times and how nice he was to always stop and say hi and ask how I was doing at the boat shows.

Native Htowner, it dont get no better!!!

I appreciate Capn Wayne carrying on and puttin his spin on TX outdoorsssss!!

·
Just call me Breeze
17,287 Posts
TxPintail, I bet a lot of us ol rock and rollers have that song and don't even know it. Taj Mahal sang it. Have to go find that old cassette tape. 4 track don't work no more. lol

·
omanj
558 Posts
I love listening to the show whether I am on my way out to fish or simply up early and going to work. My parents and I would always listen to the 610 show while on the way to the coast. I always anticipated the time when I could hear the 61 St. Fishing Pier report so I would know the beach front conditions and whther we would go for an offshore trip if it was calm enough or an inshore/jetty trip if it was too rough to get out. Thanks Cappy for keeping the spirit of the show alive! I tuned in and enjoyed your anniversary show when you aired the theme song. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Got it marked in my Favorites....Awesome Show....So easy to log on and listen.
Thanks Cappy..

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Been A Fan Since 92

When I first moved to Houston from Austin. Finally got to meet Cappy at the Holder show early this year. Was kind enough to get on the loud speaker and call over Ken Milam (striper guide/Lake Buckanan sp?) who had guided me and my Dad on several fishing trips many years past. Thanks Cappy!

I too, wish you could work in the old songs Bobby use to play more often if possible. Nothing better than the ice cream surf bomb run at 4:00 am listening to the Outdoor Show on the way down.

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,867 Posts
"big fish bite if you got good bait.........................."

"big ol' b-a double s..............bass!"

Hate to admit it, but I used to turn the volume down when some of the songs came on!

Pretty cool when pappy would go into one of his long talks about the importance of taking kids fishing or how good them big ol' croakers are! That man had rather eat a croaker than anything! My grandmother too! :D

I guess I been listening since the early or mid seventies! Booth was a puppy and Forrest West was a regular.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i remember pappy talking about crickets and how they can tell you the tempature, man i miss his kind and gentle voice, but cappy you are doing an awsome job thanks for keeping the show alive

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Harbormaster said:
"big fish bite if you got good bait.........................."

"big ol' b-a double s..............bass!"

Hate to admit it, but I used to turn the volume down when some of the songs came on!

Pretty cool when pappy would go into one of his long talks about the importance of taking kids fishing or how good them big ol' croakers are! That man had rather eat a croaker than anything! My grandmother too! :D

I guess I been listening since the early or mid seventies! Booth was a puppy and Forrest West was a regular.
Dang, you must have been listening since you was in diapers! LOL! :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts