2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,728 Posts

Resident Fishing Licenses:

Required of any resident who fishes in the public waters of Texas (Note: All members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty and their dependents are considered residents).

You do not need a license/package if you:

  • are under 17 years of age.
  • were born before Sept. 1, 1930.
  • are a mentally disabled person who is engaging in recreational fishing as part of medically approved therapy, and who is fishing under the immediate supervision of personnel approved or employed by a hospital, residence, or school for mentally disabled persons. The mentally disabled person must carry an authorization identifying the entity supplying the service. This authorization may be in the form of an I.D. card that contains the name of the sponsoring entity.
  • are a mentally retarded person and you are recreational fishing under the direct supervision of a licensed angler who is a family member or a licensed angler that has permission from the family to take the mentally retarded person fishing. While fishing, the mentally retarded person needs a note from a doctor stating the person has been diagnosed as mentally retarded.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.