2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Another tuff day on the water, despite the fact that some of the top anglers in the nation were competing. Only 6 limits were weighed in and 38 cats total that weighed in at 193 pounds, thats a 5 pound average. First Place went to Phil King and David Coughlin of Corinth, Mississippi with a 5 fish limit that weighed 38.05 lbs. Second and Big Cat went to James and Joyce Smith of Ramer, Tennessee with 2 cats that weighed 26.15 lbs, with the big blue weighing 18.05 lbs.

Pictures coming soon on website

Hope to see everyone July 17th at Wilson Lake

Southern Cats. Assoc.
www.southerncats.com

·
Registered
300 Posts
That Sounds Just Like The Results In The Tourament We Fished This Past Saturday Night.is It Me, Or Is Fishing A Lil' Off,or Slower This Season.i Haven't Heard Of Any Killer Stringers Or Catches So Far.(with The Exception Of Jug Lines And Grabbling,which I Don't Do)

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Ya'll Hang On,boys...

They just lingerin' for a smoke after the breedin' thingy...'bout time for 'em to become ravenous!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Dadburnit!!!

I wish I had been there! My father had open heart Surgery thursday, canceling my fishing for a couple of days.

Now get this, I had a cell phone call about 1:30 Sat. One of my regular fishing partners was behind the dam fishing in the discharge, and had stripped the drag washers out of a Penn 3/0 reel. He got the fish to the top ONE time as he went under the high tension power lines about a mile and a half below the dam, and that was all she wrote. After the washers went, the fish went back to the dam faster that he could crank up and go with it and took every inch of 80# test that he had. I would have called it a tall tale myself, but I was the one that took the reel apart, and saw the burn on his thumb where he tried to use his thumb for the drag.The funny part was that the way he talked, they weren't running that much water.

He said that he released 3 fish between 20 and 30 pounds and one that weighed 36#. So, I don't know what happened to everyone else.?.?

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Muddcatt...

HEY BRO,
Sincerely hope your father is doin' well.My dad had a quadruple bypass several years ago,and was split from stem to stearn,and a**hole to ankles...but because of that he is still with us today.Again my sincere best to him.
Those fish are the ones I refer to as "nighttrains"...the ones that turn the boat,break rods,strip gears,and pop lines(even though the drag was perfect)...YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA!!:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Better.

He is doing a lot better thatn I thought he would be. I was in wally world this afternoon getting materials for a major trotline expedition this weekend and lo and behold I turned the corner and there he was holding a 7 foot spinning rod/reel combo, testing it out. This is after he had 5 bypasses just a week ago!

I crawled him up one side and down the other. His excuse? He got bored and stiff and made Mom bring him to town to pick out a new catfish rod (he's afraid that the 33's ain't gonna hold up to those Pickwick cats). LOL

My buddy said that was the biggest cat he has ever had on a line, and he has caught SEVERAL over 50#.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts