2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit fish pass at sunup with Dad. The high tide was suppose to be a 4am but the water was still moving at 11:00 am. Used live bait to catch 4 specs and 4 flounder. If we could have kept Reds in the 17-20" range we could have filled a cooler full. Also caught a small stingray and sheephead as well as several small trout. Never a dull moment. Tide started to slack at 11:00 and the heat was on so we called it a day. Love that Slime!!

·
Thank You! Next
7,757 Posts
Hey Duck44,

Welcome to the site and nice report, that is a solid trip yall had. Nothing better than a day with DAD , trust me !!! Way to go..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was looking at some landsat photos of Kieth Lake....Is it accessable from the Intracoastal. I assume you can put in under the Hwy 124 bridge or the Hwy 87 bridge....

Thanks,

Mr Bill

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We put in under the 87 bridge and went down the intercoastal. This took about 10 minutes in an alluminum boat. You need very low clerance no consols to get under the bridge especially at High tide. I have not tried it but some say that it is a little quicker to come from walter umphreys dock on pleasure island and run down the intercostal. I would do this in the afternoon because umphrey's dock is lit up a bit more than the bridge for your return trip. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts