2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a lighter note, I've been working on cleaning the boat now for several days. It started out earlier this year with getting the rust particals under control, but the one who got the majority of that off, didnt put a coat on it to prevent other types of stains. So, I have been faced with getting it clean enough to put some kind of protective coat on the INTERIOR of it. WHAT a royal pain, to say the least. The orbital polisher is a blessing for my shoulders, but really, after going thru a dozen different types of cleaning agents and trying to figure out if I picked the right wax, has been expensive and I just hope that I've gotten it under control. One thing I learned, is that once the hatches (interior) are cleaned and bleached, that store brand spray way works okay.

What I really need to know, is the best wax to use that will last some time between cleanings and waxing is for the salt conditions. And how often should I or we really clean and wax the boat.

I also would appreciate a direction to take with the vinyl seats and such to keep them in good condition. Seems like what I have, just isnt what I thought it was.

Please send me a PM if you feel uncomfortable mentioning anything regarding this. I cant thank you all enough.

sb:>

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Personally, I like the Collininite Fleet Wax (paste) No. 885. We wax the boats every spring then after every use we wash with a good boat soap. If your boat is stored outdoors waxing twice a year would probably be best.

After you get the vinyl clean use 303 Protectant spray.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Collinite, wow, never heard of that. Where would I find that in the Galv/Houston area? Or would it be easier to get it over the net. Hey, Thanks.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
You can pick it up at Blue Water Ships Store (usually lowest price) on 2094 in League City or any of the West Marine stores. Don't know if Boaters World carries but I suspect so since they have a fair amount of cleaners and wax.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
West Marine on Broadway has it. I paste wax twice a year and use liquid wax in between.
I noticed your boat was WAY up in the sling. Expecting a really high tide?LOL

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It keeps the raccoons out of it. They come by around about this time of the month 'cause of the full moon and take it out for midnight tours with their g/f's, but never fill the gas tank up or rinse it off when they put it back in the sling. Really makes me mad, that and the old beer cans they cant seem to take to the trash.

No really, I have the lights shining into the canal on and have been catching trout. The boat was getting in the way.

you're a funny guy there Ken.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
small bites said:
It keeps the raccoons out of it. They come by around about this time of the month 'cause of the full moon and take it out for midnight tours with their g/f's, but never fill the gas tank up or rinse it off when they put it back in the sling. Really makes me mad, that and the old beer cans they cant seem to take to the trash.

No really, I have the lights shining into the canal on and have been catching trout. The boat was getting in the way.

you're a funny guy there Ken.

Opps, sorry, we will fill it up, put the many cans in the trash, and wash the boat next time...

PS: the girls seem to really like your boat, can you leave some baby oil and condoms in the dry storage please......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts