2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I would really appreciate any help on where to kayak fish in the Rockport or Port A. area. I fish the Galveston area mainly now in the flats and channels. I fish mainly with live bait( mullet, shrimp or what ever ends up in castnet). Just general areas would be fine. I will down there this sunday and Monday.

PLLLLEEEEEASE,
Yakfishin

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,447 Posts
Little Bay is also o..k. for yakking.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Stop by Rockport Kayak Outfitters (it is on the main drag) when you get into town and get a map of the Lighthouse Lakes Trails, which also covers Brown&Root flats. Both of those areas can be excellent and offer good paddling. The people in there are very nice, helpful and knowledgeable, they will point you in the right direction. If you have a powerboat to transport your kayak, there are a multitude of back bays and lakes inside of San Jose Island that offer great fishing and paddling.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Hey thanks for the help. I will let everyone know how we do. It sounds like no matter where I go the mosquitoes will be reeeeaaaaallll bad.
Thanks again,
Yakfishin

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
Mosquitos arnt too bad... Dont wear anything to bright or white.,, As far as Kayaking this weekend in the area: I think Ive seen more boats on a wednesday today than Ive seen in several wednesday. this weekend will be packed.
LHL/BNR Make sure you have a +1 on the tide level... and if its falling you will paddle in and walk out. NOt much fun. Estes- put in at Palm Harbor RV park-5 bucks to park and they will watch your vehicle/ good sand beach to launch from as well.

Call or pm for any additional info I can provide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For such a busy weekend, stay out of the more popular places. I fish in rockport at night in my kayak and out of the way places. Try copano bay during the day and fish the reefs with mullet. If you want you can email me and we can fish - I will be in rockport this weekend.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Sandrunner said:
Try copano bay during the day
Where are you launching to fish Copano? I used to live in Rockport and the only public launches that I knew about were Copano pier, the airport, Rattlesnake road, and Port bay road. I always wished for more access...did I miss something good??

Yakfishin....so many good spots in Rockport! I am envious! Hope you have a great time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts