2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass on props to kawasaki

Any of yall who have a 1987-1999 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan there is a plastic oil pump gear hooked to the tranny and it will fail as my 1987 vulcans did. But have no fear as long as it is under 40k miles THEY WILL FIX IT as they did mine
The great thing is that I work at Kawasaki so I am getin paid to fix my own bike but of course all that money is gonna go toward what they dont replace
Cam chains
valve seals
carb kit
etc etc

Just an FYI to anyone who has one most people dont know about it and we are not suppose to tell yall about it either.

E

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
you work at kawasaki?

any chance you can find out which pop-off springs I should use in a 96 1100 ZXi jetski?

or - do you have a tuner that could do a carb set-up for me on a slightly modded motor?

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Ahhh. Kawasaki...Let The Good Times Roll! Back when I had this 1971 Kawasaki 500, that was the biggest thing they made. A year or two later they came out with the 750 which was very very hot bike. I don't think I've ever seen the 1500. It must go like a bat out of heck.

Oh, Your secret is safe with me. :D

Yes. That's Miss Pam...at the tender age of 17, and me. (I didn't know the truth about her age then, but that's a very long story for another time :D )

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok but its 65 and hour haha

Have yo tried gettin a bigger low speed jet???? before changin those springs

KAW shuld have a different size jet for those 3 carbs

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
Eric.. find me a guy thats wants to trade a Ninja 750 for a center console w/120 johnson..

Ox..

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 1500 WAS before no oil pressure a Peppy little bike
Its no sport bike but it makes the Harleys cry lol
I think mine is called BUBF(butt ugly but fast)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GOOD LUCK
Usually people only trade up to a bigger size sportbike

Walkin Jack
Those old bikes like the kz1000 were the fastest made for there time
I notice since gas has come up alot of the old schoolers are bringin them out of the garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts