2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Opening weekend I let a lot of Bucks pass. But, since all of this rain they are held up in the brush. Yearling buck and does come to the feeder, but will not get in the pen. They will eat around and then walk away. Hunting on the weekends with the Full Moon is getting to be quite a challange. I have good Game Cam pics of late at night and just after sunset, but not much during the feeding time. I have hunted all day trying to catch a mid day feeding without any luck. Looked on the radar this morning and we are getting more rain. Maybe it will dry up for a while and get some cold weather to get them moving again. We have walked up on 2 really BIG Rattle snakes without any warning! Be Careful and Good luck to all!

:texasflag

·
Registered
44 Posts
We're on the West side of the county towards Coy City. My wife killed her first ever buck this weekend - 8pt 150#. I have been trying to put the kids on doe for our management plan, but we have very few deer coming to the feeders. Those that do are mostly young bucks. Our shots on doe have been 300+ yards -- too far for the kids! Pigs are coming at night and cleaning up the corn at the feeders.

Hopefully the first freeze helps get them back to the feeders.

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
We're on the West side of the county towards Coy City. My wife killed her first ever buck this weekend - 8pt 150#. I have been trying to put the kids on doe for our management plan, but we have very few deer coming to the feeders. Those that do are mostly young bucks. Our shots on doe have been 300+ yards -- too far for the kids! Pigs are coming at night and cleaning up the corn at the feeders.

Hopefully the first freeze helps get them back to the feeders.
same thing here...after 5 sits in my 2 tripods, no doe at all, needed meat for sausage, so setup on our food plot, had 5 or 6 doe come in, shot one with the rifle, but she was at 200 yards...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I had another terrible few days of hunting-it has been so bad that I picked up my rifle for the first time in years at our place (beside hog killing and a few management does). I usually see at least a few deer every hunt and I have been averaging 1 deer every 3 hunts and have only seen 2 bucks over 2 1/2 years old this entire season. My dad saw several small bucks on Friday evening showing signs of the rut.

We are south of Falls City right on the edge of Karnes/Atascosa County line.

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
I had another terrible few days of hunting-it has been so bad that I picked up my rifle for the first time in years at our place (beside hog killing and a few management does). I usually see at least a few deer every hunt and I have been averaging 1 deer every 3 hunts and have only seen 2 bucks over 2 1/2 years old this entire season. My dad saw several small bucks on Friday evening showing signs of the rut.

We are south of Falls City right on the edge of Karnes/Atascosa County line.
we are close....we are not to far from the Hobson facility... :brew:

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Yes , thats were we turn and down about 4 miles
haha...we may be neighbors, if you are going down 81 (cemetery rd) pass the Hobson facility (on your right side) my uncle's ranch is on the left hand side about 4 miles or so as well....we are next to Kathy's place (she's the lady that has those reflectors on her fenceline)...

speaking of that area, you hear about all the break-in's that are happening on 81?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts