2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started to harvest my kajari melons. The last few years I have been trying to grow a few different things along with the usual. Tried the kajari melons this year and they are good. Juicy not too firm and small enough for one person. Seem to have a little earthy tones when eating. They climb good on my pergola and arbor. They are green striped until about a week before they break loose from the vine. I put small hanging baskets under them when they start turning orange. They will be 1 to 2 pounds when ripe.
Wood Tints and shades Fruit Circle Terrestrial plant
Food Plant Fruit Ingredient Dishware
Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover Flowering plant
Plant Green Flower Terrestrial plant Vegetation

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SeaOx I found some banana melon seeds I forgot I had. I wanted to plant these when I planted the kajari melons and forgot. Will move a whiskey barrel under the pergola this week and plant a few and see how they take the heat.

·
You'll Never Catch em Like That
7,043 Posts
SeaOx I found some banana melon seeds I forgot I had. I wanted to plant these when I planted the kajari melons and forgot. Will move a whiskey barrel under the pergola this week and plant a few and see how they take the heat.
Cool, I have not grown any melons in a while. I think some take the heat better, I tried some mini canteloupes once and did so so

1 - 5 of 5 Posts