2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to BillyStiX. He talked, I listened (lol). As you know he had his leg surgery yesterday. http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=244353

He is doing just fine, and the sucker is already back building rods. Can you believe that? Billy isn't making light of the major surgery that he had, but he is on Doctor's order to get up off his butt.

He told me to tell all the 2Coolers thank you so much for their thoughts and prayers.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Yeppers, I had a pm from him this morning he is working on B&P Sr.'s stix. Either he will or I will post up the finished product. Takin' names and kickin' ***. WTG. B&P

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
well i made it ok i think

want to thank joe for calling and checking up on stix, just want to thank everyone for thinking about me during this procedure, it had gotten to the point that the dr was afraid that it was going to explode and become a bleeder, if this had happened and i had no one to help i could have bled out in les than 13 minutes, i went in at 130 my time and was on the table funny about the table it was like i was standing but in a lay position i did get out until some time after 630 as best i remember the surgeon had to leave some of the conecting veins in my leg and will go back in 4 weeks to clean it up, i could feel the lasser it disolved the different veins and then when he would cut and pull the piecs out i could feel that as well, i thing he said he had 47 openings in my leg at one time, the gross thing was i told him i wanted to see what the clogelated blood that has been in that vein just sitting for yeasrs looked like well it was not pretty and i am a meat cutter so this type stuff doesnt bother me, but this stuff looked like pudding or better yet grits all lumpy and clotty, like said it,s just been sitting there for years doing nothing serving no purpose.
last night was rough today was a little better rigt now it's about time to put it to bed for another restless night, i got up last night at midnight had coffee and built roids until 4 an this moring then wen back to bed for a coupl hrs. once again thanks for your prayers and concerns.
stix

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
hope your doctor is better than my old doc was , i think the doc put in some ol fuel line and it discentagrated two months later and he had to go back in and redo it again.

now i can barely move or bend it but i still manage to hobble out and fish thank god.
take care and WATCH the leg for abnormal swelling.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
well i dont think he put in any thing that was adnormal because he used a lasser to disolve the main vien and the veins that ran off from the main vein, and i currently am feeling much better, i currently have no swelling and during the surgery i could feel him cutting my leg and i could feel the vein as he removed it piece by piece i was on the table a little over 5 hrs as best i can remember but i wa totally awake during the process, i know that i now do not have the pain that i had, yes i have some pain because i have over 40 places on my leg where he made inscisions to remove the vein, at this point i am fairly secure in his ability as a vascuilar surgeon then to make things even better a old friend that i used to fish with some years ago who is a vasucaular surgeon came in while i was on the table and assured me that i had one of the best working on me, and john has been doing this for well over 40 years , it was funny to see a old grouper pal from the past come in and remind me of days when he and i fished the waters in our off shore boats, not that this had any thing to do with the surgery but it sure helped my confidence in my surgeon who is down there sliceing my leg like a pork loin, i know i need to use caution but i am no where near a time in my life to lay down and my body just needs to understand i have work to do and it need's to buck up cause i aint ready to stop.:rotfl: besides i have a full time job that depends on me and i have rod customers that i want to build for so back to building, my leg will cooperate with me i am sure of that.
stix

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
not so
my doc wants me to only sit no more than 30 to 45 minutes then i have to get up and take a walk the secret to heal as he told me is ""walk"" but no standing as he put it my standing for the past 54 years is why i am where iam at ,at this time, in other words i have to train my other veins in my leg to take over the job that the main vein has not being doing,
it is a very weird type deal and i have had to do a lot of listing and paying attetion to detail to understand what i am dealing with and i still do not understand, but i will say this yesterday i walked down to the mail box and when i returned my leg felt great no pain what so ever, but after about 45 minutes of sitting and working on a rod ""pain"" so back to up and walking pain went away:spineyes:
stix

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Glad to hear you're up and about, Billy!:dance:

From what I understand, sitting puts a lot of pressure on your veins when your body bends at a 90 degree at the waist (sort of like bending a hose). Which makes it harder for your heart to pump blood down, then back up through your legs, hence, the swelling.

Maybe you need to get a cooking timer and set it at 30 minutes to remind you to get up and walk awhile, while wrapping rods. :idea:

Good luck and take care of yourself.
Thanks for all you do!:cheers:

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I'm glad you are doing well also Billy. I talked to you yesterday (Dale) and you sound like you are doing pretty good. I am so anxious to see that rod you are building my fishing buddy. I know he will love it. It was a pleasure to talk to you yesterday and not just because I am getting one of your masterpieces. I will post a pic here when I get it in.

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
Hey, Billy! Glad to hear that everything went well and that you are feeling better. If you start getting around too good, Molly's gonna have to start running!

Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.