2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the perfect (for me) new "belly gun". It is the Taurs Model 85, 5-shot, .38 revolver w/2" bbl. Please notice the custom hammer. It is fully weighted, as the standard hammer, for properly striking the firing pin and can't hook in your clothes when you pull it. Also the special grip with the pant/pocket/boot hook. Eliminates the need for any kind of holster. Man this little gem is feather light and will conceal about as easy as a Zippo. It is much more easily concealed in summer clothes (cutoffs and tank top) than the Glock. I guess that will be my winter gun and this will be my summer gun. LOL!

I don't expect long range accuracy but it will serve me nicely as a get-off-me gun. If I can hit with it inside 30 feet or so it will do just fine. I can't wait to get it to the range and run a few through it!

Attachments

G

·
Nice gun, Jack!
Me personally, I prefer a 45 cal derringer bored for 410 shells loaded with #4 buck, but I don't have that neat boot hook. Have to think about this a bit. ;)

Incidently, up here we don't need a permit for unconcealed sidearms. A permit is only needed if you wear a jacket or something that covers it.

:rybka:

·
bait chunker n fish yanker
71 Posts
Nice gun WJ.. I carry a taurus PT-140 (40s&W) for daily carry with an extra mag. I recently bought an Intratec derringer in 38 spcl for a pocket gun on those very few times I dont carry my 40. It only holds two rounds, but like you said, it is my get off me gun. I use the thunderwear type holster , I say type, because the one I wear now I made myself and it is more durable and fitted just for my gun and extra mag. It is a deep conceal and not a fast draw holster, but I usually wear a shirt and tie to work, or polo shirt tucked and it conceals well with my clothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts