2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mind picked up my light tackle spinning rod by mistake in a panic while drifting past a school of specks so rather than miss the party he used it. Well, it took a while to get it back because he said he was testing it. It didn't take much to get him to meet me at FTU to pick out some gear to build him one seeing I wanted my pole back. It's a 6'6'' M $10 blank out of the bargain area. Terrynj, thanks for the help and the company. I figured basic poles like these will give the common guy some encouragement, there's some works of art posting on this forum.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Basic rods are my favorite to build. You can put them together fast and get them delivered. I like to do fancy threadwork but it gets tedious.
Pat

·
Retired opinionated old fart
19,896 Posts
To me it is nicer than just basic, but I do like it. Some of the beautiful works of art on this forum I would be scared to fish with, LOL.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, seeing he is my oldest fishing friend (known him since 6th grade '68') I'll probably be posting a bait caster. He really liked it and anybody that can put up with fishing with me for that long is worth the effort. Besides, I'm enjoying building again even if it's for once in a while. I believe if people would give it a go they would see how good of a hobby it could be and for some here a living. There's guy's I know that I showed the basics to and they started building and most said they were going at it again and a couple said they would just buy them. But even the guys that are buying them built already said it was good to have a rod they built with there own hands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts