2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was reading some of Stephen Hawking's comments. He asks, "Why is it that we can remember the past and can't remember the future?" My answer was because it has not happened yet. Then I got to thinking, maybe it has and I just can't remember. Now I really confused.

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
When I was a small boy I had a long broomstick in my hand. I was playing in the backyard. My Dad called me from the front driveway. I ran towards him to see what he wanted. The front fence gate was about 3 feet wide. My broomstick was about 4 1/2 feet long. As I crossed through the fence, each side of the broomstick hit a fence post. (The broomstick being wider than the opening to the front gate.) My own momentum carried me in a summersault over the broomstick. With a big thud I landed on my back.

I remember my father running up to see if I was okay. What I most remember is the look of disappointment on his face. I think at this point he had suddenly realized his progeny was not going to be a Nobel prize winner, a heart surgeon, or a renowned physicist. I'm pretty sure he saw into the future, and I still remember that day.

Sorry Ellisredfish, I can't help you ... I'm obviously not qualified to keep up with Mr Hawking.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Because if we remembered the future life would be boring and there would be no point in our existence. Geesh, don't you know anything? :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zen, My dad didn't expect to much from me, therefore I didn't disappoint him.

Former HR, At least I wouldn't step in dog doodoo when I go out in the backyard to play with my dog.

·
non-politically correct
7,305 Posts
Pretty funny FHR but is it not those who refuse to remember the past are destined to re-live those events in the future? Though in our personal lives there are a lot of small changes to keep things interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts