2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To our many many friends who have called, e-mailed, PMed, sent cards (lets not even TALK about replacing Rico. He's worked long and hard to achieve his lofty status. But the card was special, Rick and Mary. Pam nearly fell out of her chair laughing!) Thanks for thinking of us and for the inquiries and well-wishes! We are both doing great! Pam is making daily strides in her recooperation and is now driving a little bit. Not too far for now but she can drive to WallyWorld and Burkes Outlet...life must go on, eh? She underwent quite a bit of bruising during her operation as they had to move things around to an extreme to get everything back like it belongs. This has turned out to be more of an issue than the incission itself. The doctor made this incission along a previous scar and when he closed it up he removed all the old scar and used a plastic surgeons technique for closure. All the stitches are internal, and only tape was used on the outside of the incission. In a year or two it will be nearly invisible. We are both highly opimistic about the future.

One thing that has helped us has been the continued support and caring of our cyber family. Thank you seems like a very lame expression of our grattitude and appreciation. Y'all are the best.

As for my absence on the board and internet in general, well, I just took a little break's all. I think every one needs to step out of the rut once in a while. You know, kinda sort things out, regroup, or what have you. This was a great opportunity for me to do just that because for the first week, Old WJ was kicked to the curb and Rico was runnin' the deal. From the first day home from the hospital, Pam's voice was in top shape and her ability to bark orders was without equal! LOL! But really, Pam is a mighty sweet patient and Rico tries to anticipate her every need. After 33 years he 'bout has it down pat too, don'tcha know!

After the first week I was kind of in the "zone" and just stayed in the back ground while Rico pulled the wagon alone. Now, after her check-up on Tuesday and the glowing report from the doc, I'm getting ready to get back to my usual SOP. It may take me a while to get caught up with all the stuff I've missed but I'll try. I know I'll overlook some things but somebody gimme a yell if I need it to get me up to date on the 'port'nt stuff.

I think I hear Rico packin' his bags, He knows that he won't be needed much more for this go-round. Next Tuesday will be 4 weeks since the operation and it is the time the doc said that we can get back to bidness on a grand scale. I got THAT date marked on my calendar fo' sho'! I'll have my sweetie back better and stronger than she's been for many a year!

·
5,853 Posts
Jack..Thats great news about Miss Pam....

Glad she is getting stronger and stonger, And you my friend.....was missed here in cyber world. I know what ya mean about taking some time off. Clears the mind and soul.....Good to see ya back.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
cool ******* Jack......glad to have you back in the saddle.....hey, you need to get Rico to sign up too.....lol

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellers! Bert, Rico is illerate, but he don't have time for no piddlin' on the puter anyway. Miss Pam keeps him a hoppin'! :D

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
lol......I'm sure Ms Pam appreciates him, almost as much as his counterparts cyber buddies, appreciate you........

good to hear things in your house are getting back to normal.....

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
Jack,
Its good to hear that Pam is doing great and things are falling back in place for yall.

Josh

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
472 Posts
Great to hear all is going well at the Bald Knob Household.....keep an eye on that guy Pam, or he'll be jewel deep in brine before his time....

Tsip

Seriously, glad to hear y'all are coming along fine...

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Glad to hear the good news. And glad Pam got a good laugh out of the card, that's exactly what I was hoping! I jes coulden hep meself! ;) Just so good to see things going the right way for y'all.

Rick

·
Registered
541 Posts
Good to see you back in the saddle amigo

Glad things are going well for your bride.

Does Ricco fish? If not, you might have to conjure up the spirit of Walkin' Jack....we have flatfish to catch!

Those blasted females ain't going to get the best of us THIS year!

Rex

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rex, You called it, Buddy! Oh, BTW As I mentioned earlier, Rico is illeterate, so you won't be seeing him post up, and he don't fish neither! Rico is a DRONE...he don't sting, and he don't make no honey. :D

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeth! You thertainly do! :D :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts