2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evsjupiter.netfirms.com/main.htm

Not looking good over there .
Look at the barometer drop - yipes

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been out of that inlet before and have good friends that live about five miles from there. One of them is about three blocks from the mandetory evacuation area and is going to ride it out. I'm really concerned for her...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wow, look how clean that beach is. Not a spec of trash. Sure makes one think about what we have here on the upper Texas coast.

·
The Duck of Death
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forget the Beach.
Last time the Porta-Potties on the TC Dike got cleaned out , was during Allison.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Wow, look how clean that beach is. Not a spec of trash
it's a completely different type of ocean and beach. 10 foot seas over there are very fishable and 12 miles offshore, it's 250' deep. You can dive the waters (lobster season is a big deal), and the Gulf stream moves fast enough to troll over a piece of bottom without ever making a turn. Sailfish are routinely caught within sight of land. One time, when I was in St. Augustine, the drop off from the beach to the surf line was a 5 foot vertical drop. Oh, and if you do get caught littering, you will be lucky to stay out of jail that night.

·
Crabby Old Man
17,406 Posts
Mont said:
it's a completely different type of ocean and beach. 10 foot seas over there are very fishable and 12 miles offshore, it's 250' deep. You can dive the waters (lobster season is a big deal), and the Gulf stream moves fast enough to troll over a piece of bottom without ever making a turn. Sailfish are routinely caught within sight of land. One time, when I was in St. Augustine, the drop off from the beach to the surf line was a 5 foot vertical drop. Oh, and if you do get caught littering, you will be lucky to stay out of jail that night.
I sure would like the same thing on littering here. Helped to clean PINS this year and will again next year, beside the amount I remove every time I'm on the beach.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mont, I have a picture of me boating a sailfish and Palm Beach is clearly visable in the background. The gulfstream is closer to the mainland in that area than anywhere else in the U.S., at least that is what the locals say. You do spend a lot more time fishing a lot less time riding! Of course I love fishing Texas, but fishing there is cool to, just a lot different.

Most of the beaches there are public, including where the hotels are. As Mont said, jacking around (littering, drinking, etc) will get you some personal attention from local law enforcement lol.

·
MOD V Slave
447 Posts
According to the web cam home page this is the last shot prior to the camera going down due to wind, rain, etc. The time stamp says 11:54, the web site says it went down at 11:55. Check out some of the readings they're gettin' over there. Man...thats some scarry stuff. Prayers to all our bros/sisters that way.

Attachments

·
The Duck of Death
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I knew that would be 2cool to watch.
I fished ALL weekend and didnt get to check it out.
Prayers to our Fla friends

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts