2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Redd Fisher
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rented a beach house in Surfside for the week. The weather and water were beautiful.

The fishing that was done was mostly by the kids with me untangling lines, baiting hooks, taking off fish - generally being "Daddy Guide."

During the week we caught whiting, croaker, gaftop, spanish macs, rat reds, small shark, and several specks between 18-22". Those were caught early in the morning when the kids were still in bed - caught them on mirrorlure and silver spoon.

We left Friday morning before the tragedy late that afternoon. Big wake up call for us all to be careful.

Also - on the blog - I posted a trip Dewey took to he Jetty Monday - on that trip he caught 2 kingfish, a jack and several shark. All pics and what details I know are on the blog.

More pics and details on the blog: http://daparsonfishing.blogspot.com/

Fish Hard!
Mark

Attachments

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Those can be some great times and even better memories, Mark. We used to rent a house every summer when the kids were young ... I don't who talks about those times more, them or me. :) Glad you got some good mornings for surf trout!

Bob

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Mark...if I ever saw a picture of a relaxed and happy man, contemplating the many gifts the good LORD had given him, it would be you sitting by a crackling fire. Congratulations on your vacation.

·
The Redd Fisher
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just Chillin'

Thanks for all the kind words - it was a great time at the beach. And yes Seawing - I was chillin' by beach with a good fire realizing the blessings I have - and thanking God for Mosquito Repellant with Deet in it. (grin)

Thanks again guys!
Mark

·
Duty Is Our's; Consequences are God's!
7,615 Posts
Mark, those are some great pictures. Looks like you were a good guide from the smiles on those boys' faces. Glad to see y'all had a good time and yes I think we all Thank the good Lord for Deet!

Thanks for the report and take care (we need to get together for another day of fishing).

Derek

·
Registered
939 Posts
Looks like a very fun time. Thats about the smallest red iv seen caught on a hook. Yes im pretty thankful for deet too but i had to keep putting it on pretty frequent the other day to do any good, viscious little mosquitoes.

·
Surf-fishin Grandpa
428 Posts
Yo Mark, I agree with Seawings on chillin' out on the beach. Pics of the young surf-masters are great and sure they'll remember the trip.Thanks for the report and hope the get-a-way did you well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts