2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well got a pm --- found that my asking for gas has offended some--im sorry-- i just thought that if some one did not have a boat and wanted to fish it was a real cheap way to go--and it also helps me out---but if this is not couth-- just let me know---i have an addiction and just trying creative ways to feed it---andy

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wow what you offered sounds pretty reasonable to me. Why would anyone feel offended about paying for the gas? You didnt ask for the boat payment of $300 plus or the insurance $50 that your have to pay every month. Oh lets not forget the cost for monthly storage $100 or boat launching fee $10. Did I forget the ice that goes into the cooler $5 . Hmmm didnt you pay for the rods and reels. I forgot the tackle is free too. Did this considerate person want you to pay for his fishing license too! You did nothing wrong and should not feel bad for asking someone to chip in for a fishing trip. All I have to say is CHEAP!!

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow u made me feel better-- thanks-- i thought maybe i was a real jerk and being unreasonable-- i just love to fish--and like meeting new fisher people--since i came to this forum early this year i have hooked up with 3 ---2 coolers real great people-- all hear in east texas-- had a couple of near hook ups in houston to fish but could not make it down ---i just love this fourum--- it keeps me going till i can fish again---oh and did i mention i learn a hell of alot from every one-- thanks

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
haparks, you did nothing wrong. what youre doing is no different than the offshore guys getting crewmembers to go with them to help pay for fuel, bait, etc. with the prices of fuel nowadays, we need to be creative.

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks like me and grescobia are going-- i hope to have a new digital camera so i can post some pics since my other has been destroyed-- no one here at the house will fess up so i guess the dog did it--i also hope to have all the kinks worked out of my o2 system-- so i can be successful keeping the shad alive all day long--i reaaly want to catch a monster striper---

1 - 8 of 8 Posts