2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 11 Posts

· Old School
26,207 Posts
Plea to Jurisdiction

This is what Lisa told me.

Plaintiffs lack standing.....

Gary, I wish I could tell you more now but, we need to meet with our attorney and discuss our options.

Defendants claimed we lacked standing...Private citizens have no standing or authority to sue to enforce a public right unless: (a) the legislature has statutorily designated them as the guardian of the public's interest; or (b) they have a right or injury that is peculiar to them and not shared with the general public.

Doesn't make any sense to me and certaintly doesn't seem fair to the public citizens of this State. Our rights are being violated and we can't do anything about it...What a great State, huh?

· Old School
26,207 Posts
Don

Hard Head said:
Why wasn't it researched by the TOBA attorney as to which Court the suit should have been filed in before hand? Lots of wasted time and effort it would seem.

Good luck Lisa and Tim!
Its not a matter of the wrong court. I thought the same thing.

Defendants claimed we lacked standing...Private citizens have no standing or authority to sue to enforce a public right unless: (a) the legislature has statutorily designated them as the guardian of the public's interest; or (b) they have a right or injury that is peculiar to them and not shared with the general public.

· Old School
26,207 Posts
Lol

I think Ernest was talking about me. I was posting any law that I thought was revelant. It was pretty stupid. Got caught up in the moment I guess. I deleted them. Its best to let the lawyers handle that kind of stuff.

· Old School
26,207 Posts
Im having one of those days.

You ever have one? I take this issue so to heart, Im grasping at straws. Possibly, Im obsessed. Heck, I dont even really know whats going on behind the scenes.

I need to take a break.

1 - 8 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.