2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a John Dearman painting that I cannot find any information on. The title is ''First Pass". It is 18X26'' and was painted with watercolor paint in 1986. It has the sticker from the art gallery Connally and Altermann in Houston. I have looked all over for information on Mr. Dearman and possible values of the piece. I cant even find the art gallery, I guess they went out of business. If anybody can help I know 2coolers can.

Thanks.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
5$ for it and i will even pay for shipping. LOL seriously you might have yourself a find!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It says nothing on the tag about being a print. It says it was painted with watercolors. It sold for 950.00 in 86. I would post a picture if I had a charger for my camera. lol. I also have a Jack P Cowan print called ''Rags to Riches''. Number 519 of 800. If my Dearman is an original it is for sale. I got both of them at a Pawn Shop in Willis, Tx of all places. If there are any art gurus out there interested in looking at it to tell me if it is an original I am more than willing to bring it down. Thanks. Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thank your lucky stars that you posted on this board! Prior to 1990, all watercolors contain lead, asbestos, and arsenic. Also original watercolor paintings are known to cause global warming.
Get that painting out of your house now! Before you move it you must dress in a full Hazmat suit. I happen to be wearing one now and for a small fee will remove the hazardous painting from your home. PM me with your address, I will be right there!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it only took me a year but I managed to get a couple pictures of it but I do not know how to upload them.

·
God is great, beer is good...
507 Posts
Well, it only took me a year but I managed to get a couple pictures of it but I do not know how to upload them.
Check your pm's. I will post them if you want to email me the pics.

Sent from my deer blind using my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,569 Posts
Any chance you've contacted the artist and told him what you have? He's a great person and I'd bet he'd be thrilled to talk to you about your find.

TH

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
Shoot me a PM...John is a personal friend of mine and I can find out more for you if you wish.

·
at POC
385 Posts
Try these...

Try these galleries...They all 3 carry Dearman prints & originals.
It has been my experience that most original art is not named, but then again, prints in the 80's & 90's didn't sell for $950 either ? John lives up here in Point Blank, if you can't find anything out, PM me - Pittstop

www.charliesgallery.com in Spring, TX

www.friendswoodframeandgallery.com in Friendswood

www.collectorscovey.com in Dallas

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Dearman is a favorite of mine too. He can capture the feel of the sporting moment. I also like how in his fishing works he opens a transparent view into the underwater world.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Dearman is my favorite as well. I like the clarity and detail that he puts into his pieces. Cowan is good but Dearman is great.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Last original Dearman watercolor I saw on the market went for about 5 grand...and it was about 12 x 12.... If yours is real...you got a down payment on a nice boat...Good Luck..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts