2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time at Joey & Alicia's wedding yesterday and got a chance to meet more good folks face to face. I thought I'd arrive early and help with chores and arrangements only to find Mont had beaten everyone by hours (he showed up at 7am to mow ... now that's a pal!).

I'm sure Castaway Kay is whooped from all the preparations and worrying that everything would go OK ... it did, Kay. The wedding was beautiful, the kids sure looked happy and it was obvious everyone was having a fun evening. A neighbor even dropped by to top off the night with some fireworks.

Gotta say the band was in rare form last night, David, Larry, Rick, Omegasmack, Randy, everyone did a bang-up job ... and if you didn't get any of the pulled pork, that was worth seconds and thirds any day. OK, just a few pics ...

1) Thanks to Guy and Cassandra for sharing their home

2) Setting up the band

3) Folks visiting and chilling, Tom and Lorraine, Tom?, Rick and Pam

4) Does Kay look worried?

5) Wedding arch â€" the scene of the crime ;)

6) Joey â€" the victim

Attachments

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pics 2 of 4

1) Alicia

2) Pastor and Joey

3) Here comes the Bride

4) Dearly Beloved, …

5) You may kiss the bride !

6) Presenting Mr & Mrs Porter

Attachments

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics 3 of 4

1) Cutting the cake

2) The first toast

3) And first dance

4) The happy couple

5) Kay and family

6) Badhabit has something up his sleeve? … to be continued :confused:

Attachments

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics 4 of 4

1) Hey Darrell, can we take a ride?

2) Sure Joey, this is how it’s done … yikes, Darrell stole the bride !

3) If you’re gonna play in Texas, ya gotta have a fiddle in the band

4) Blackmail photo 1 … Rosie said it’s not what it looks like :rotfl:

5) Blackmail photo 2 … Rick is picked to be next at the arch !! (Don’t tell Mary)

6) Mont, David, Tom and Lorraine sharing a laugh

Attachments

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Porter....

Hope all had a grand 'ol time. Kay, you must be worn out. As I said in the pm I sent, I wish I could have been there. The pictures turned out great and show much love. CF?

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Woo Hoooo

What a wedding, and why does my head hurt so bad.....:spineyes: The band was in fine form last nite, and all the friendship was outstanding......I think Joey and his Bride will forever remember that night, and will always cherish that memory...

Thank you Monty for putting the cable lock on my bike and standing your ground when I asked for it to be removed, and for letting me crash out in the mobile TTMB field office, only a true friend would do something like that... I owe ya one big guy, you just might have saved my life.... :)

The pics are great Pelican, I owe you one too ol buddy...LMAO :slimer:

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Looks Like A Wonderful Wedding

Congratulations to the bride and groom and the groom's mother! I thought of you folks last night. How I wish we could have been there. Looks like a terrific time for all.

FC

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
I had a complete blast and congratulate Joey and Alicia on a new beginning.
The first pic is right about the rice throwing time and the second one is what I did to Darrell. I know you weren't real thrilled about it at the time, big boy, but when you got up this morning and that purty bike didn't have a scratch on it, and all you had was one bad headache, it made it all worth while. Y'all know I like a cold drink, but my days of driving afterwards or letting friends drive are waaaaay over. Tell Rosie she can kill me slow the next time she sees me, 'cause I know she was calling last night, but I was too tired to get outta that nice soft bed to answer the phone. I am still grinning about Guy's neighbor, I thought for sure I was gonna have to get him wet to sober him up enough to stumble home. It was a good time, fer sure.

Attachments

·
6,428 Posts
ROTFLMAO, dang, you even took a pic....LOL... Thank you again big guy, that bike can get all the scratches it wants, and can be fixed... But my old bones don't heal near as fast.... So you just keep that lock handy, I'm sure you will have the chance to use it again, and I will again be gracious.....

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
Looks like y'all had quite a turnout. Outstanding!!

Wish we could have made it.

Best of luck to the new Mr & Mrs.

Later,

Jeff

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
My Thanks and gratitude to all!!

Man what a night!! Believe it or not, I didn't leave Guy's house and come home till about noon today. (No I didn't sleep) Caught a short nap and had to get up and go back over to Guy and Cassaundra's to help clean up and get things put away and back in order. Just got home and got the truck unloaded, and things put away.
I will tell ya'll, this has undoubtedly been the hardest thing I have ever had to organize and try to coordinate, and I now understand why caterers ask so much money. I don't see me ever doing this again! LOL This about killed me, and I bet I need to go invest in some Miss Clairol for all the greys this has caused me.
It did turn out great, and the kids were very happy. I hope everyone that came enjoyed themselves. I appoligize for the tables and chairs never showing up. I was kinda stressed about that. But all in all it was a fantastic night.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed and helped.. without ya'll I would have never been able to pull this off. The band was AWESOME and I can't thank each and every one of you enough for making this a special night for the kids.
Bob, the photo's that I see so far are incredible!! I can't wait to see the other photo's, and I know there are others that took photo's as well. I would like copies please! I left my camera at home (senior moment) and as most of the night I was being pulled in 16 differant directions at once, I wouldn't have been able to take many photos anyway. Did anyone happen to get pictures of the (duck incident) that was occurring during the ceremony?? I NEED copies of those photo's, I know somebody had to get those pics. LMAO! It's a sign.
Funny thing, Guy, myself, Joey, Tara, and Josh were all sitting out back this evening talking (taking a short break from cleaning up) and all the sudden those ducks spotted Joey and here they all came!! LMAO!! I think Joey's new nickname is now "Ducky" ROTF!!

Mont, a special thanks to you for the grass mowing, the brew, and the screwdrivers. They hit the spot after I was finally able to relax and start enjoying myself. You not only saved Darrell last night, but I think you saved me from a nervous breakdown.

It was good to finally "officially" meet Galveston Yankee and his lovely wife, Lorraine. I thoroughly enjoyed our chat and visit, and I wish I could have spent more time with ya'll. I will see ya'll at some more funtions I'm sure.

I have so much more to say, so many more thanks to give, but I am so tired right now I can't think very straight, so I will have to wait till tomorrow to post more.

Jan, I was thinking of you too, and wish you could have been there. Someday I will finally get to meet you.

Brew, you had alot of compliments on your BBQ Pork. Sidecutter, man, your hired!! That brisket and pig were out of this world!! I'll get your warmer and cooler back to you ASAP.

I thankyou TTMB family!! Without ya'll this would not have been possible! I love each and every one of you.

Kay:cool:

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
What a great time, we had. It was a beautiful night and a beautiful ceremony. Kay you did well! Thanks to Guy and Cassaundra for everything. Bob you did a great job with the photos and the food was awesome. Thanks to all for everything.

Rick

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
Kay, the big cooler with the small extra lid on one end that had the Bud in it is mine. Let Guy know I will swing by there something this week and pick it up.

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,582 Posts
Sorry I could Not make it Joey but i was elbow deep in a transmission while the fun was going on. It looks like yall ahd a great time and I wish many many years of happiness on this new path in life.

Mont good job on the lock. Its good to know that there are friends like you in this world that will help a brother out even when he thinks he dont need it.

Josh

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Mont, Your cooler is on Guy's porch where it was. Also the set of stairs to the Tioga is there. I picked them up and set them up on the porch by the cooler.
Thankyou for everything Mont. Your a very special man and friend. I hope Stacey get's better soon.

Kay

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Also had another thought

Did anybody happen to get any pics of the bride after she got wasted?? LMAO!
I need some blackmail pics myself!

·
6,428 Posts
Blackmail pics

This is just a teaser Kay, I got lots of good pics, will burn them on CD for you after I edit them....

1: Bride drinks

2: Bride loses drinks.....LMAO

Attachments

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Rotflmao!!!

Poor Alicia doesn't even remember anything. We've told her stories, she's not believing us!! LOLOLOL!!!
I can't wait to see what else ya got Darrell!! Thankyou! I think I have the material for one heck of a scrap book!! LOL
Looks like I'll have to start bringing her to the beach gatherings. She'll be the life of the party for at least a good 30 minutes... ROTF!!

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
Kay,

I have some pics I will post later this evening. I don't have a cd burner, but I can have them put on a disc at the local Walgreens. I'll be running up to Houston a couple times over the next two weeks. I'll try to drop them by if you'll tell me where.

Tom

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Thanks Tom

I'm in San Leon not far from the wedding sight. If you don't go up 146, and you go up 45 instead, maybe we can meet like at the Academy or somewhere along there?

Give me a call, I'll come pick them up if that's more convenient to you.

Kay

1 - 20 of 29 Posts