2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody heard from Jim West (Bolivar Guide Service) or how the lodge (los Patos) came out in the wake of the Storm?

·
NRA Life/Endowment member, 49yrs.
1,890 Posts
He called in to the Outdoor show about ten minutes ago...Capt. Mickey talked to him...He did go over by boat. Bottom floor of his house washed out along with all his fishing and hunting stuff. Second floor just like he left it. He's and the kids are OK, they left Thurs. He's running a dove hunt this afternoon.

I think he did mentioned that the Corps was coming in to put a bridge over Rollover Pass once they remove the old one.

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
I'm sure glad to hear that Jimmy is OK. He's a really nice guy and great guide (been out with him twice). He really knows that Boliver/East Bay area.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Jim is a survivor. He'd be the "last man standing" in just about any catastrophic situation. I was concerned about his home, but I knew Jim and his kids were going to be ok. Glad it's been confirmed though. Thanks for the thread, y'all.

Wayne

·
Banned
2,395 Posts
His lodge was named Los Patos? that's what the lodge at what is now the trinity Wildlife refuge in Soouth Liberty County used to be called from waaaayyyyy back. I wonder if he or his family was ever associated with that lodge in any way?

·
Banned
3,906 Posts
seattleman1969 said:
His lodge was named Los Patos? that's what the lodge at what is now the trinity Wildlife refuge in Soouth Liberty County used to be called from waaaayyyyy back. I wonder if he or his family was ever associated with that lodge in any way?
I believe Forrest West was the original owner of Los Patos.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Trinity Wildlife Refuge was originally Champion Lake and Forest's initial lodge, Los Patos, was at that sight. He then moved his operation to Bolivar and opened up a new lodge, still called Los Patos.
Wading Mark said:
I believe Forrest West was the original owner of Los Patos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts