2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finaly got out the jigmiester last week to see what i got off ebay a few months ago.
These are supposed to have to a one screw removable side plate but this one would not come off.
After three days of trying a few different lubricants i took a screwdriver and forced it off.
The metal ring that is attached to the side plate was jammed and it busted off the side plate and remained on the reel.
it came off with some prying and after i cleaned off the baclight peices it fits back on ok.
Can i just superglue this ring back on ???
I knew already that the drags were shot, turns out it has the original drags in it or i should say had in it, it took a bunch of scraping to seperate the washers from the drags.
Has anyone upgraded [acuframe???] the sideplates on a jigmaster ????
SEE YA!!!!!!!!

·
Gulf Coast *******
216 Posts
I don't think they make accurate side plates for those jigmasters.....but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hate to say it SJ but you're not even close. I think the jigmaster was one of the first reels that accurate made sideplates for.
I wouldn't spend the money to get accurate sideplates for a jigmaster. I've fished Jigmasters for over 30 years and caught some fair size fish on them and lost some that I never saw. In all that time I have never had a issue with a frame or sideplate unless I did something stupid, like run over it with a truck. I have spread a couple of the old style spools, I've had no problems with the new style one piece aluminum spools.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks GUNDOCTOR
Thats what i was thinking, Its mainly going to be a bait reel or a back up reel.
I was over at cut rate today getting some new drags for it and there on the wall was a perfect condition right sideplate.
$7.50 for the plate and drags.
This reel has a black spool, can i still mag it ??
The guys at the back said yes, accurate made a complete kit for the jigmaster at $118.00 Frame and sideplates, he wasnt sure if they were still available though and would have to make some calls.
SEE YA!!!!!11

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The black spool should be the one piece aluminum spool, which is the best of all the ones available. It is also the one that responds best to magging.
SJ, Its always a good day when I learn something, especially when its not a expensive lesson in what NOT to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts