2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
No Hero pictures don't need them.
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start this as a new message. I ordered a JH Performance boat the last week of Feb. and was told it would be ready late Apri or the first of May. Here it is the last week of May and it doesnt look like the boat will be ready this week. I did some calling today and Rick at Krestas made me a good deal on a 22 Pathfinder. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the JH B24 verus the 22 Pathfinder.

Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
22 Pathfinder Extreme tourney edition? them things are FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
well, whcih do you like better? Solid Action has a 21' Shallowsport for sale...

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
i think they do... might be the 150 and 200. lemme check yammies web site

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
I proved myself wrong. only the 150 is a trp. I could of sworn that someone told me they had a 225 or 200 trp... oh well I can't change the past

·
No Hero pictures don't need them.
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
had my heart set on the JH for about 2 yrs but i think my heart has been broken now.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pathfinder

I think you'll like the Pathfinder boat. I've had mine for about 3 years and have had no troubles. If you run really skinny water then you might look at something else but it's a great boat for the combination of shallow water and rough conditions that we face around here.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Both are good boats but I think I would wait for the JH. Pathfinder is a good boat but I think the JH has it beat in shallowness, ride and quality. I would raise a little hell but not to much at JH and see if they will through in some freebees like a raised console and such. Leave the pathfinder in your back pocket and if they aren't willing to cut the cost or make you happy in some other way tell them about the pathfinder and if still they don't want to work with you I know I wouldn't want to deal with someone like that. Just think what there down the road service will be like. I don't think you will dissapointed with either way you go.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'd wait on the JH. You've been waiting 2 years, what's another month? Nothing wrong with pathfinder but you selected the JH for a reason. If you get the pathfinder you will always have that little guy in your head wondering what if you would of waited. Don't do that to yourself.

Scott

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
I agree

Complain a bit try to work in a few extras. But keep your money in Texas. Texas made for a reason. The only person that loses here is you, if you really like the JH.

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
I have one

I have my new JH. It's in my stall and it's knot finished. I will be finishing it myself. I had many more problems and issues than you describe. I don't even have time to tell you all of them. JH has a problem with the mold on the B240 and they don't speak of it until they have your signature. JH has a big problem giving the deposit money back too as I tried to back out twice. Don't worry about asking for freebies for Johns mistakes and misgivings he'll get his money back out of you in other ways. Such as delivering an unfinished product that is not specified as you given instructions. He will also give quotes for extra work, tell you he emailed them. You will not receive them then he will double the price and try to insist you pay. Don't let him give you the scam of," When you pick your boat up I won't be there. You'll have to get it from one of my guys." You'll get there and John will be no where to be found. Your boat will be short of your specifications. Not to mention all the times he runs from the phone.

Bigwater

·
Banned
355 Posts
Dang BW... tell us how you really feel!

Did John give any explanation for the holdup? He's a great guy and makes a fine boat. Nothing wrong with the Pathfinder, only it's not a JHP.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
Go for a boat that is tried and proven... El Pescador, Explorer, Pathfinder. Something that has been built for a while and has alot of users. I would buy an El Pescador, Explorer, or Mowdy before I would a JH.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Not to sling mud but I have heard several stories similar to Bigwaters. Buyer beware. My thought on all of this is, the whole big V bow boats like the JH is a dime a dozen. You've got mowdys, explorers, el pescadors, shoalwaters, etc. from which to pick.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts