1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Southweeeeeest...

·
Banned
726 Posts
We'll see how long it takes them to ditch a plane in a swamp between here and New Orleans. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I don't fly much, but there's just something that bothers me about a company that has an article that starts with... "The low-fare carrier..." I'm just funny that way I guess.

·
Super Moderator
3,735 Posts
I dont think Jet Blue did that...I believe the airline that did that was renamed AirTran.

·
Chicken Rancher
221 Posts
My wife and I flew Jet Blue from Austin to New York 2 weeks ago and the plane was brand new and the staff was great. The leg room at the rear of the plane is different than the front. So, when booking, go to the back.

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
if y'all are talking about the jet that went down in the everglades about ten years ago, that was "value jet." they lost their operating license over that, and later reorganized and merged with "airtran."

"jetblue" actually has some of the best ratings (safety, reliability, etc.) in the airline industry of all domestic carriers -- even better than southwest.

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
jeffpjacob said:
We'll see how long it takes them to ditch a plane in a swamp between here and New Orleans. :biggrin:
That was ValueJet and was hardly funny.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I think it's great. I'm ready to hit the streets in Manhattan again.

·
Banned
726 Posts
Brew said:
That was ValueJet and was hardly funny.
Wasn't meant to be funny.....but had every intention of being sarcastic!

·
Banned
726 Posts
mastercylinder said:
if y'all are talking about the jet that went down in the everglades about ten years ago, that was "value jet." they lost their operating license over that, and later reorganized and merged with "airtran."

"jetblue" actually has some of the best ratings (safety, reliability, etc.) in the airline industry of all domestic carriers -- even better than southwest.
Southwest has become "Greyhound with Wings"

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jet Blue is a far, far cry from Air tran, ATA, value jet etc. Different company altogether. Direct TV in every seat. New jets. Very cool IMHO.

I am Continental Silver elite and I won't be afraid to convert to Jet Blue!

-Mike.

·
Banned
317 Posts
Jet Blue was a media/transportation darling when they first started flying, they were cheap to fly with good service and all the bells and whisles, but the cost of maint. wages have started to catch up to them. look at their stock value and perf. over the last year.

·
Banned
726 Posts
cabolew said:
Jet Blue is a far, far cry from Air tran, ATA, value jet etc. Different company altogether. Direct TV in every seat. New jets. Very cool IMHO.

I am Continental Silver elite and I won't be afraid to convert to Jet Blue!

-Mike.
I'm a Continental Elite too! Cabolew, is it me, or does their service seem to be dropping a bit? Anyway, I'll put up with it, because I NEVER want to fly out of Hobby again. I can't stand that airport. If JetBlue offered service from IAH, I'd consider trying them out.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I think CO service has dropped some. So many RJ's in the air now it doesn't really pay to be elite. Plus on many flights half the plane is elite anyway.

CO will still be my primary option. Just nice to know if I want to run up to Rochester, NY and salmon fish with my brother I could take Jet blue.

·
Banned
726 Posts
cabolew said:
Yeah I think CO service has dropped some. So many RJ's in the air now it doesn't really pay to be elite. Plus on many flights half the plane is elite anyway.

CO will still be my primary option. Just nice to know if I want to run up to Rochester, NY and salmon fish with my brother I could take Jet blue.
They only cool thing about the elite staus is the First Class upgrades....which Southwest doesn't even have a first class. I don't know if Jet Blue does.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts