2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill, Jeff, et al,

why does this keep coming back on me? I am using Trend Micro Internet Security with the latest definitions and Real Time Scan. I am using XP SP2 with all the latest security updates and current on all MS updates.

Also, though nothing says this is related to Java_bytever.a when I send an e-mail through outlook it keeps sending and sending the same one over and over, though I never see it sending/receiving. My boss called to say he was getting the same e-mail in one minute increments. He already had deleted 40 and they were still coming LOL!

I thought between XP and Trend Micro Internet Security I would not have these problems. Please HELP!

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
Be sure to Disable the system restore

before you do the scans, if not, they will be replaced as soon as the system is restarted. You might want to think about a firewall, not just the XP, that way you can control what goes out of the computer. There is a Java build 3810 that will patch this hole. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-011.mspx

XP disable restore:
Log on as Administrator.
  1. Right-click the My Computer icon on the desktop and click Properties.
  2. Click the System Restore tab.
  3. Select Turn off System Restore.
  4. Click Apply > Yes > OK.
  5. Continue with the scan/clean process. Files under the _Restore folder can now be deleted.
  6. Re-enable System Restore by clearing Turn off System Restore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts