2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Too far from the ocean ...
2,504 Posts
The Japanese are right to be deeply concerned by the events in N. Korea. Quite frankly, I believe they are trying to put pressure on N. Korea through the Chinese. We'll see what happens, but it's clearly time for Japan to stand up and be counted at the UN.

Syncerus

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sounds like an invitation. We cannot have North Korea shooting at Toyota, Nissan and all of our other electronic gadgets. It would be determental to our economy. I think Japan will slide the US some cash and we'll have to take care of business.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The japs have no military, the one defense they have is ground troops, a few planes that wont even make it to N korea and back. The UN never allowed them to rebuild there military after wwII. This is according to the fox news article on their front page. So i dont know what there planning. Probably for us to do it for them.

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
aggiefisher07 said:
The japs have no military, the one defense they have is ground troops, a few planes that wont even make it to N korea and back. The UN never allowed them to rebuild there military after wwII. This is according to the fox news article on their front page. So i dont know what there planning. Probably for us to do it for them.
japan doesn't need a military. the united states will not stand by and watch one of the greatest economic powers in the world, and one of our biggest allies, be attacked by a communist madman. if kim il sung attacks japan, he'll be toast before sundown.

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
but, this is the scarey part...china is already allied with north korea and, therefore, china siding with japan is not in the cards. if that psychopath kim il sung does anything, it'll be n. korea and china against the rest of the western countries who wish to get involved.

but, i don't think north korea really has much right now. of the seven test missiles they recently fired, the most "impressive" one only flew for about 40 seconds and landed in the ocean 200 miles west of japan.

i'll probably be banished to the jungle for this, but we really should pull out of iraq, reorganize our military, and prepare our military might for the real global threats. iraq is not one of them.

·
Banned
162 Posts
captncutbait said:
Sounds like an invitation. We cannot have North Korea shooting at Toyota, Nissan and all of our other electronic gadgets. It would be determental to our economy. I think Japan will slide the US some cash and we'll have to take care of business.
I believe your right........

·
Registered
372 Posts
oops forgot about China. China will always side with N. Korea. Looks like a ticking time bomb with them in the picture. I agree with you MC, we should pull out of Iraq. Those people have not seen peace since time began. we can focus our time and energy somewhere else.

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
Nothing would make China happier than to see the Japs suffer. Nothing. China still feels they owe Japan some misery...and for good reason.

If N Korea tries anything there will be Tomahawks following the leaders wherever they go. EVERYWHERE they go. They could do some damage on the way out though, eh?

I respect your opinions about Iraq but disagree. I didn't want my kids dealing with that later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts