2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Is An Areal Photo Of Jamaica Beach. What Are The Squares In The Water On The Northeast Side

Attachments

376 Posts
That is where new marsh has been planted as part of the marsh resoration project. You will also notice line running SW to NW at the top of the photo. That is the Geotube used to protect the marsh.

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fish

Can You Kayak That Area And Fish It

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
GULFCOASTRODS.NET said:
Can You Kayak That Area And Fish It
Yep! Put in at the State park or Pirates Beach Marina.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Yes you can, and actually they are all geotubes. I did really well this afternoon on the South shoreline in that general area. Wind and water were not nice, not by a long shot, but they were in the same place they were three weeks ago.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yep, they are geotubes. They have been put in a few of the south shoreline coves to help with wetland restoration.

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep

Yes I Have Seen The Geotubes. While Fishing In My Cc Boat. I Was Thinking That Since It Is A Restoration Project That They Might Not Allow Any Fishing There At All. The Little Squares Turn Out To Be 100 X 100 Squares Which Is A Lot Larger Than I Thought They Were. I Just Wan't To Yak It And Get A Little Fishing In That Might Be Protected From A Se Wind.

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Camera Phone

GoingCoastal said:
How'd ya get that pic. Off the google deal ?

Dave
WELL GILLIGAN, I TOOK IT WITH MY CAMERA PHONE WHILE FLYING MY ULTRA LITE OVER THE WEST END. LOL

YES ITS FROM GOOGLE EARTHS SITE. I REALLY LIKE IT. GOT SPOTS MAPPED OUT FROM HERE TO PORT O.

·
The Duck of Death
2,247 Posts
Well Thanks "Profesor". It takes DSL to run it and all I gots out in the boonies is dail up. dam

Looks cool though.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts