2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary mentioned earlier that I will be in town for a week and a half or so around Christmas time. We need to get a jam/gathering together! I need to hang with my fellow TTMBers! I figured I would get a thread started for it. Who's gonna host it? Where can we do it? What date? Who can be there? Who's getting the kegs! ;)

It would be greta if we could look around and find a VFW hall or something like that we can rent, so we could be indoors. I understand there were some insurance issues with the warehouse we were using before...is that correct?

I plan to be in Houston from 12/24 until 1/2. The first Saturday is Christmas, so I'm sure tha will be out, the next Saturday is New Years. Think you partiers can handle that after partying the night before? Or maybe a New Years Eve Jam/Gathering?

Post up and let me know what you think!

:brew:

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Texas City?

Weather should be about right for the Dike.
Alternatively there is a little pub/club in Friendswood that Walking Jack has developed an affection for............
I don't know if we'll even be in the country over Christmas, but I look forward to seeing you when you are down in Gods Country.

steve

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
Sounds Like a plan Shadman, now all we have to do is work out the details. As far as place date and time goes i dont know. Hows the weather in colorado, got any good snow yet?

Josh

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
I'm down with that Shadman. Hadn't been able to come to a gathering in awhile..TOO
LONG!

MEGABITE

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Sounds like fun BUT that is a nasty time for me ....year end inventory at work.
Like to do something haden't seen ya sence the Long Horn little party eons ago
joker

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good! Anyone have an indoor place in mind where we could hook up the equipment for a jam? VFW halls are great for this if someone has an "in" at one. I'll be more than happy to help out with any costs for renting the place, purchasing a keg, etc.

Sweet, Josh and Randy are in! Look forward to seeing you again, JW, and to meeting you, Argo!

No snow here in Denver yet, Josh, but it's snowed several times in the mountains. It'll be snowing all week in the mountains. We have lows in the 30s every night this week here in town.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
ShadMan said:
VFW halls are great for this if someone has an "in" at one. I'll be more than happy to help out with any costs for renting the place, purchasing a keg, etc.
I have an "in" for the VFW hall in Lolita.......lol........

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
If you want to come to SA we can do it at my house. big covered deck with bbq pit and the inside of the house too of course. I am sure there is more interest in houston though and I need to use my 20% coupon for BPS sometime or another.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think SA may be too much of a drive for most! I won't even have a car, unless I can steal one of Dad's for a few days! :D

Hey J - Don't you have a friend in Pearland with a building like this? ;)

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
ShadMan said:
I think SA may be too much of a drive for most! I won't even have a car, unless I can steal one of Dad's for a few days! :D
Not to far for me Jeff, lol. Sounds like a good time, Ill see ifn I can make where ever it is. Right now Im just tryin to see if Ill have enogh cash to go up for the SCA on the 16th.............................later,Dave

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I wish I could make the SCA banquet, but I'll be leaving for DC a few days later.

So, anyone have any ideas of a venue? Anyone know how much it costs to rent the Galveston County Community Center where the SCA banquet is being held? I'm sure one of you veterans knows of a VFW hall / Elk's Lodge / etc.

Can someone get hold of Legate, Larry, and Hinzerelli and see if it's good for MLC? Also, what date is best? New Years' Eve? New Years Day?

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Gary said:
Indoors would be best. Since its been so long, I vote for the comfort of indoors.
I'm tellin you guys.....I've got an in for the Lolita VFW......then we can fish Lake Texana the next day.......mud cats tailing on the flats..........lol

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
-

Dude, you ain't right. You know that's my favorite place to fish. Why you wanna get me all pumped like that? Plus all that pre trip ho' down music you be havin at that thar vf & w hall in the thriving metropolis of Lolita. Man, you sho' be doin' a brotha wrong.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, don't make me set all this up from Denver! I'm willing to foot a fairly large part of the bill, but I need help finding a location! Any ideas? Preferrably in the Pasadena down to League City/Friendswood area, but I wouldn't gripe too much if it's on the west or north side either! Too bad Longhorn's not still around!!

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Shaddy, I can host a gathering if the weather (rain) can cooperate. I have a 600 sq. foot shop with all the juice. 1.3 acres for an Aggie wannabe bonfire. The Tiki hut. Neighbors that love loud music and the desire! Mary just told me to go for it! You know my set up.

I have a couple of true RV hookups if needed, and can provide some more on an emergency basis. LOL!

Let me know...

Rick

1 - 20 of 45 Posts