2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Off Work Early Today And Headed Down To The Dike For An Afternoon Wade. Water Was Beautiful And Bait Everywhere. Ran Into Another Wader Coming In As I Was Going Out And He Said He Had Caught Nothing. Got A Little Discoureged,but Kept On Going. Picked Up A Couple Small Trout Within First 45mins. And Then I Saw Jacks Tearing Up Shad About 100 Yards Away. I Decided What The Heck, I'm Gonna Risk A Full Spool Of New Line. Took Off After Them Tossing Topwaters, But No Takers And No Blowups. These Fish Were All Around Me. I Could Even Feel Swishing Water Around My Legs. At That Point I Thought "what If Those Are'nt Jacks?" These Were Some Huge Boils All Around Me. Swithced To A Spoon And Had 1 Taker ,but Spit The Hook Within A Few Seconds. No Other Hits On The Spoon, So I Switched To A Tandem Rigged Sltwater Assassins. Could Not Believe I Could'nt Get Feeding Jacks (minus 1) To Hit. The Jacks Dispersed So Back To The Trout. I Caught A Couple More Small Trout And Was In Knee Deep Water When My Next Cast Landed I See 3-4 Jacks Rush My Jigs. Got A Pick-up And Drove The Hook Home. There Was The Run I Had Been Looking For! Almost Got Spooled, But Really Cinched Down On The Drag Which Slowed Him Down. Eventually The Line Gave Way,but Not Before A Great Fight. Re-tied And Went Back After Them Without Success. Although No Keeper Trout, The Hunt For Jacks And The One Hook-up Made It A Worthwhile Trip

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alot Of Fun. Heading Back Out In A Few Minutes For Another P.m. Wade. Hopefully More Trout With Some Size To Them. If Not, I'll Tangle With Some More Jacks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts