2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Big daddy slim
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here we go again man i'll tell you i've been fishing here in galveston all my life and i can't remember the gulf being this flat for this long. Well back to fishing my longtime fishing buddy and i headed out again chasing tarpon in the gulf, we found acres of bait (bumpers) in about 30 feet of water and yes some taropn in the 100 lb plus range. We didn't land any had some screaming runs, and landed quite a few sharks, jacks and kingfish were following baits to the boat but would not eat, seems the bait of choice was live mullet no hits on dead shad or lures.

Here are a few pics if you look close you will see how far out we were those condos are on east beach i know the local tarpon guides don't want you to know but they were around in the same area looking too, oh and here is a pic of a couple of homemade **** pop type lures we have been using these for years and the work, well good fishing

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yea It was a Sweet day out there all day. Caught sharks Sharpnose, and Blacktips. No Jacks Or Tarpon. Found a pod but no luck. We used Live and cut Mullet, along with shad. We found a pretty good trout bite at the Jettys on topwaters before we left to go chase Shrimp boats and such.

·
15,098 Posts
Txpintal said:
Yea It was a Sweet day out there all day. Caught sharks Sharpnose, and Blacktips. No Jacks Or Tarpon. Found a pod but no luck. We used Live and cut Mullet, along with shad. We found a pretty good trout bite at the Jettys on topwaters before we left to go chase Shrimp boats and such.
A Pod????? Is that like a pile???

·
Gater
6,421 Posts
Suggestion

On your baits you made. Get rid of those snap swivels, they won't last long and cut the shank off of the jig head hook. Gater

1 - 16 of 16 Posts