2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you 2coolers know my daughter was involved an accident on 07-07-06. Unfortunately the other driver has Allstate Insurance, and they have been giving us the run around from day one. They say that even though their insured was ticketed he is contesting it and they will not pay for any damages until the judge rules against him..HELLO am I missing something here...the guy says he was in the inside lane heading east...he wasn't he was in the outside lane my daughter was in the inside lane at the time and he turned left and crushed her front end with his full sized Ford p/u. The impact broke the front axle/spindle assembly and flatted the tire so the car couldn't move. They took a statement from the wrecker driver and he told them the car was stopped in the inside lane and had to be towed.. HELLO ? If he was in the inside lane how did his truck strike the right front of my daughters CAR !!! Should I hire a lawyer? would it help any? My lil girl is so angry cries for her car....any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
andre, in my opinion, all insurance companies suck. i had full coverage with farmers insurance for 18 years, and i never made a claim during all of those years. last year, after my truck was keyed, i made a claim to get my truck repainted and a couple of dings fixed. the next time i received my renewal, they jacked up my rate and my deductable. i wrote them a letter and moved on to another company. i guess there's nothing to be said for customer loyalty in the insurance business. insurance is a racket, and kinda' like women -- you can't live with 'em, and you can't live without 'em.

·
What about my member?
1,679 Posts
Rather than get frustrated and stress, have your insurance company pay for it and go back to Allstate and subrogate. You are out of the picture, back to a normal life and when they collect your insurance company will be paid and the loss will not hurt your rating. There are always alternatives. Most companies will fight for you. Can I ask who you are with? I'll try and give you some advice or point you in a better direction. Sorry you are getting the run around.

Brian

Brian

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,437 Posts
allstate experience.

Wife had one claim. After ten years, get a call and they tell me that the law of averages is fixing to catch up to me and that I'm going to have a accident. That there will be a rate increase. I told them, "No, there is going to be a cancellation." I have never regretted it.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,539 Posts
I don't know why you're fooling with it. Let your insurance company deal with them...that's one reason you pay for insurance.

TH

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
My mother is getting the run around from the insurance also. Girl backs into my mother..and takes off..my mother gets girls plate numbers...my mother has witnesses..made the police report..police talk to the girls mother...girl lies and said my mother hit her..even though she did not report it, police call the witness...gives his story as to what he saw...girl backed into my mother...so far Webster police has done nothing, girls insurance has done nothing, my mothers car is still not repaired. Looks like we are going to have to file on my mothers insurance, pay $1000 out of pocket and take that girl to court.

At the time, my mothers car was less than 2 weeks old..brand new off the lot.

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
Trouthunter said:
I don't know why you're fooling with it. Let your insurance company deal with them...that's one reason you pay for insurance.

TH
Trouthunter is right. Your insurance company should be representing you in this.

I had almost the identical accident a few years ago. Their insurance company denied the claim. My company, State Farm, paid out my claim and then went after the other insurance company and fully recovered. It didn't cost me anything.

529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're safe with safeco...

bbridges said:
Rather than get frustrated and stress, have your insurance company pay for it and go back to Allstate and subrogate. You are out of the picture, back to a normal life and when they collect your insurance company will be paid and the loss will not hurt your rating. There are always alternatives. Most companies will fight for you. Can I ask who you are with? I'll try and give you some advice or point you in a better direction. Sorry you are getting the run around.

Brian

Brian
I am with Safeco of Illinois,great company no problems with them in past 6 months since we switched...

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
Had Allstate most my life, until last year. Sat down and figured they had raised my rates so much I bound to have been making notes on a Ferrari :) for one of them.
Kicked them to the curb, got better insurance (more coverage - less money) from another company and haven't looked back.

·
Maichip
102 Posts
Insurance

You should always request a rental car once in an accident. If your insurance company is paying for a rental car then they have more of an incentive to get the claim settled. You cannot request that your insurance company should pay for the claim and subrogate the other insurance company, that is an internal decision. The insurance company has to be given ample time to investigate the claim. They may be waiting on a police report or a statement. It is not unreasonable to request an update from the insurance companies claim rep. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" Be polite but be a pain in the A - - and you will get results. You have to hit the insurance company in the pocket book to get action especailly with the smaller companies. If the process takes too long you have two options: 1. call the Department of Insurance and file a formal complaint. The insurance companies have a strict time period to respond to each and every complaint filed. This is usually a good way to shake the tree to see what comes out. 2. Retain an attorney and persue the claim in that manner. If you go to court and win the insurance company has to pay for the damages as well as court costs and attorney fees.

Note: Whether you are cited in an accident or not it is the insurance companies who determine fault in an accident with regard to coverage. The two insurance companies will work out who will pay for the claim and you will be responsible for your deductible.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
108 Posts
What if ...

...Andre did not have collision insurance? Andre, if you have collision coverage, then let your ins. co. handle the situation. They can then pursue the responsible party. If not, then you must deal with Allstate. I will be glad to discuss this with you, if you like. I can tell you what you need to obtain and how to approach the adjuster. Just let me know.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Are you in good hands?.?.?. LOL

I was recruited by them, but declined. I would suggest you let the insurance companies handle it. Tell Allstate that if you have to get a lawyer, you're going to sue for damages, court costs, legal fees, rental cars, lost wages.....etc. Or they can just follow the police report AND pay damages and rental. They choose. Also a call to that news guy in Houston that does all the consumer stuff. I forgot his name but he SURE is loud. Maybe get him to go to the office with you!
Ohh just remembered. MARVIN ZINDLER!

529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all who responded...I told them I was trying to be nice and patient but they plain just TICKED ME OFF...sorry had to vent....lol

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
im sure all the allstate agents on here are loving this thread.

I have USAA and love it, it goes down about evey 6 months and I have never been quoted cheaper rates anywhere.

·
What about my member?
1,679 Posts
I don't think it's the Allstate company, I think it is all in the agent and how they represent their customer and claims. I have a few personal friends that are Allstate agents one on this board and can tell you that it's all in the agent you choose.

Andre, if you need any help feel free to PM me. First thing I'd do though is contact your independent and tell them to go to work.

Brian

·
Chicken Rancher
221 Posts
Police report is for a criminal investigation to see if traffic laws were broken.

Insurance investigation should be for civil investigation to determine liability.

Two different animals. I use the Police Report for information only. I always do my own investigation.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Argo, you are right about USAA. I rear ended a guy several years ago and they repaired my truck and his and also paid some personal injury. My rates have never gone up. About two years ago I hit a deer and when I called USAA I was told I had a $50 animal collision deductable which I did not even know I had.
Tom

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
USAA here as well. I know they are not always the cheapest, but I have NEVER had 1 single problem. You want to talk about nightmares.....I was rear ended by a City Truck 2 weeks ago. SELF INSURED....talk about fun. They want THIER adjuster to give me a price. I decilned and said I would get two independant apprasals.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts