2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI FOLKS
I HAVE NEVER HAD A FREE "FLOUNDERSTIX" contest but i have given it a lot of thought and after all that you folks have gone through with ike perhaps this will lighten your day just a bit. so starting today 10-1-08 and ending on 10-15-08 lets see how many folks would like to have a custom hand built "flounderstix"
it will be 6ft6 mh in action with a short butt either 7 in or 9 built to the winners specs"now there is currently no other billystix contest avaliable" so this is the only one to post on, there will be 2 winners for this contest and 8 runner ups
for those of you that have never flounder fished with a spiral built for flounder you are in for quite a treat.RUNNERE UPS WILL BE GIVEN A VERY NICE DISCOUNT TOWARDS A FLOUNDERSTIX.
so lets hear it from you folks as to why you would like to have custom flounderstix made by billystix custom rods. good luck and have fun.
stix
please visit www.billystix.com

Attachments

·
Boatright custom flats
3,829 Posts
Since I'm the first to respond, do I automatically win? haha!
I'd love to have one is all I can say! That would give me an excuse to go fishing and get away from all the headaches of dealing w/insurance companies and denial letters, lol. My roof still leaks but I wanna go fishing!

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
i just won a billystix t-shirt ... thank you, billy ... it's a great-looking t-shirt and i proudly wear everywhere.

but, in order to test out the real thing and expound on the virtues of a genuine billystix rod, i'd need to try one out.

i've never had a billystix rod, and flounder is really all i target.

·
Registered
281 Posts
New Rod

So that I can have one rod for reds, one for specs and now a new one for flounder so that I can catch a Texas Slam or at least have the stixs to do it with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am a graduated Sea Aggie, and since graduating last year I can't wait to fish for flounder again this winter. I am sure that with a new "flounderstik" me and some fellow refugees could have a great time catching flounder on campus.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
The vast majority of the fishing I do is for flounder. I think everybody on 2cool who knows me knows me as a flounder guy. Every year I post a bunch of pictures here on 2cool of the flounder I catch. From now on I'd be posting pics of my new Flounderstix along with my flounder and I'll make sure people know what caught 'em!

This would also be my first Billystix rod!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would like to have one for my friend Scott. He loves to flounder fish and lost everything but the shirt on his back and I do mean everything due to Ike. How cool would it be to take him on a trip and at the end of the day give him a mess of flatties along with a new rod. Come to think of it if I win I will give him a citica that I have sitting at the house. Tight Lines - John Lee

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
I need this new "flounderstix" to add to my "redfishstix" that I purchased back in June of 2008! This will be followed up with my purchasing a spiralrod for specs in the very near future! Thanks for the rod Billy! And speaking of shirts and hats, let me know the cost on an xl shirt (long & short sleeve if possible) and a hat! I want to purchase one of each of these items!

·
I fish there fore I am...
36 Posts
The flounder action is heating up and I need the proper equipment. My fishing gear got stolen from my house pre-ike and I need a rod to go with my new reels. I just purchased a Curado E7 and my dad felt bad for me and bought me an Ambassadaur 6600. I have one on a castaway and the other on an Ugly stick and these rods do not do the reels justice. I can only hope that my new equipment will enable me to catch as many quality fish as my old stuff. It sucks because I was just becoming one with my old stuff too (I hate c-heads i hope they got some bad rocks).

·
Registered
35 Posts
FLOUNDERSTIX

I would love to have a Flounderstix rod, as i lost all my Shamano reels and all my rods in the tidal surge of Ike. I hear they are the best rod on the market.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I am trying to win one for my wife A.K.A."THE BOSS" for our anniversary which is Nov.10th. would make a wonderful present for a WONDERFUL WIFE and a fishing partner that always kicks my arse fishing! Thanks,Bobby.

·
Registered
315 Posts
flounderstix

i would give it to my son who loves to fish despite having had three open heart surgeries and 6 catherizations for a congenital heart defect. He loves to wadefish and duckhunt and his other rod is getting worn out. It would make a great chirstmas gift. chris

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I wanted a stix surf rod :) but since you don't have to room to make me one I would like to win this one. I have been at work(BASF) from the Thursday before IKE to the next thursday(24 hours a day at work) then worked 16 hour days til yesterday. Today is my first 12 hour day and I hope to have a day off on sat. I haven't seen much of my wife or two kids and Lord knows I haven't done any fishing in along time. Would be nice to have a new rod to fish with. I need some R&R after all this mess. Oh and I won't go into the damage I had because I know everyone has had alot.

Side note. You really should think about making me a Stix surf rod for a 4/0. When and if you do ill be glad to be your first customer on it. Thanks for all you do for us Stix.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello Mr. Billystix!!

Well, I guess I could try to come up with some off-the-wall reason why I need a free Billystix, but to be quite honest...I've never caught a flounder (yet), and that first hookup would be simply magnificent...on one of your custom made Flounderstix.

That would just beat all!!! :dance:

Thank you for having these special give-aways. It shows what a true giving character you have.

BB.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
Duke said:
For all the same reasons Joe "chickenboy" stated on the other thread....
piggybacking statements made by another in other threads doesn't count. that's a 5-yard penalty and an automatic forfeiture of three posts.

·
DOINK
10,030 Posts
Why??

Because I have never had the opportunity to fish with a custom rod and would love to experiance the difference. I do a ton of wade fishing and these cheap rods really wear me out. It would be nice to have a good quality rod that can enjoy for a very long time.

Thanks for the chance!!

Keith

1 - 20 of 106 Posts